Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Well today I found being strong to be pretty hard as well ;)

I tried my 500 dead today, and missed it. To be honest, this morning I really had no plan as to what I was going to do. I knew I was going to the gym, though. :) As I was driving I thought 'what the hell, let's go for it'. Unfortunately, I forgot my sweats and had to drive all the way back home, should've taken that as a sign.

Anyhoo, here's how it went:

135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1
500 x 1 (miss)
500 x 1 (not even close enough to call it a miss :p )

All sets from 275 on were heavy, except for 365 for some reason. 455 felt like 475 did last week. Anyway, my first attempt, I got it to about mid-shin level and bailed out. I tried it again after about 5-6 minutes but couldn't get it off the floor. I brought my belt but I just didn't feel like using it, don't think it would've helped.

I have vids but it's pretty pointless (if you blink you'll miss it ;) )

So anyway I guess it's one thing to set a target, another to reach it. Still, I'd wager about 20+ lbs on my max due to Korte, so I'll take it.

I think the rest of the week I'm going to mess around and then run DF 5 x 5 starting next week.

Don't be discouraged. From the way you described the 475, you're clearly in the zone for 500. Maybe you'd get it with enough motivation. That's the thing with 100% efforts: you can't always expect them to be available.

All in all, I reckon you had a pretty successful run.

Well 475 must've been 98% :p

Anyway, appreciate the encouragement. I contemplated another attempt later on this week but I kind of want to move on :FRlol:

I haven't done many max attempts, my last failure was on sumo-deads at 465 the last time I was messing around. So time to regroup, I don't think I'll try my bench and squat targets this week. ;)

I think you recommended some light workout this week and the 'meet' on Saturday. Maybe I should've done that.

Good luck with the 5x5, I hear that's pretty good, too. Are you going to run a log? It'll be interesting to see whether doing the Korte changes anything you do or feel about the 5x5.

Sorry you missed it. It'd be nice to give it another go and hopefully get it as BW said.

Do you reckon 500 for 3 reps at the end of the 5x5 is on the cards or is that a little too much? Your said your previous 3x3 finished at 455.

blut wump said:
Good luck with the 5x5, I hear that's pretty good, too. Are you going to run a log? It'll be interesting to see whether doing the Korte changes anything you do or feel about the 5x5.

Well I'm still betwixt and between on how to organize my 5 x 5 - I think the MC2 version is really good, obviously, and will probably default to that. But I'd like to be able run a program with rows, powershrugs, cleans, dead, squat, and maybe GM somehow. EDIT: along with the otherstuff, that is

I see DFHT has 4 day split with room for all these. Something like that, maybe. I'm kind of researching around. I think the rest of the week I'm going to practice my cleans and some other things.

As far as a log, not sure. Maybe I'll just PM it to you, AB and G5.0 ;) BTW guys, thanks for reading and the input. :)

Sorry you missed it. It'd be nice to give it another go and hopefully get it as BW said.

Do you reckon 500 for 3 reps at the end of the 5x5 is on the cards or is that a little too much? Your said your previous 3x3 finished at 455.

I don't mean to sound obsessive but I was kind of depressed last night about the failed attempt. It really bothered me for some reason that I didn't hit it. I think it was the goal setting 8 weeks out and the fact that last week I was pretty confident I was right there.

I think 500 x 3 x 3 will be too much :chomp: If I run straight 5 x 5 I think I'd probably work up to ~435 x 5 x 5 in week 4, maybe 475 x 3 x 3 in Week 9. And maybe think about another attempt at a 500 single after that, if I'm feeling good. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
Jim Ouini said:
I don't mean to sound obsessive but I was kind of depressed last night about the failed attempt.
Like G5.0 said to me once, you didn't think this was going to be easy did you? ;)

I think you're there already, given a good day, but a 5x5 will put you clear for a single.

anotherbutters said:
Like G5.0 said to me once, you didn't think this was going to be easy did you? ;)

I think you're there already, given a good day, but a 5x5 will put you clear for a single.

Well to be honest I was kind of hoping it would be ;)

I think I like pulling 3RM's better than 1RM's. At least if you miss on 3RM you for sure will get 1 or 2 reps, so you don't feel like a complete bum.

Top Bottom