Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Week 7 Day 1

Had a good night's sleep what with daylight savings time but sadly I still have a nasty cough and had some follow up dental work so the entire side of face was numb. At least it gave me a good excuse for drooling, I suppose ;)

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
195 x 3 x 3

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (N-S-W)
135 x 3 x 3 (N-S-W)
185 x 5 x 4 (N-S-W-N-S)

Nothing to report on either.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 5
225 x 1

Took a break here to go get a 'fitness bar'...my eating was way off today from my dentists appt and by the time I got to the gym I was missing some food in my stomach. I had energy but a big pit in my stomach, maybe from anticipation of the lift to come.

315 x 1
365 x 1 (felt heavy)
405 x 1 (felt easier than 365)
455 x 2 x 1

I had 450 down for 90% of goal - couldn't be bothered with two 10's and a 2.5 so I just slapped the 25 on. Anyway, first set felt really good, no hitches, nice and fast and snapped my hips. 2nd set was slower. I took 5 minutes rest, too, but to no avail.

Overall: happy with today's dead considering I wasn't feeling tip top...had done 455 before but using semi-sumo style and it wasn't nearly as fast as today. So now I'm starting to think maybe this Korte fella knows his stuff :)

Congrats on the conventional-style PR.

If you feel happy with the workout then you'll be jubilant to hear that you were down for but a single single on the heavy lifts this week and next.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

If you feel happy with the workout then you'll be jubilant to hear that you were down for but a single single on the heavy lifts this week and next.

Just one 1 x 1 at 90-95%? That's no fun...

You could look at it another way and conclude that your ability to do two singles indicates that the weight was less than your current 90% ability, Mr. Mothra.

:FRlol:

Does it really work that way, though? Shouldn't one be able to do 2 singles at 90%? or even 2 at 100%, given adequate rest inbetween?

Also, I know Korte said to put 'gear' on...I haven't busted out the belt yet. Suggestion?

Jim Ouini said:
Also, I know Korte said to put 'gear' on...I haven't busted out the belt yet. Suggestion?
Sounds like neon pink fanny pack and bandana time to me. Always worth at least a rep PR...

Guinness5.0 said:
Sounds like neon pink fanny pack and bandana time to me. Always worth at least a rep PR...

Oh that kinda gear. In that case I have it covered already. With my gray cotton biking shorts and Otomix I'm pretty much set.

Jim Ouini said:
:FRlol:

Does it really work that way, though? Shouldn't one be able to do 2 singles at 90%? or even 2 at 100%, given adequate rest inbetween?

I don't really know. For me 'adequate rest' can sometimes mean a day or so.

I've never worn a belt for a deadlift so have no idea what difference it might make for you. I know putting a belt on for squats is probably worth another 15-20lbs on the lift. Maybe you could save it for when your confidence goes as I was saving the mixed grip on my deadlift.

Yeah I was thinking of belting up next week for squat. I'm going to see how Friday feels.

As far as deading and a belt, I think I'll just go au natural til the very end. If I miss an attempt I may try it with the belt and see if that helps.

Top Bottom