Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Awesome. man. Factor in the fact that your deloading has but barely started and you'll smoke next week's too. The real test begins the week after.

Getting the deadlift out of the way is a big relief this first week. You'll be ever less tired as the week goes on.

Thanks BW.

BTW, how did you approach your 60% lifts? Did you try to lift these as fast as possible, almost like a WSB DE day?

No, I just went in and did the lifts and moved on, sticking to Korte's ESM principle. As I saw it they were there to keep me ticking over between max efforts. Don't forget also that you're deloading.

I think if you were to try and drag out an intensity phase more than 5 or six weeks then you'd probably have to slide over to a WSB-style workout as conditioning slips away. For the four weeks of Korte it shouldn't be an issue and every single day you have a big lift to make, anyway, so you don't really want to spend your energy on the 60% lifts. That's just my opinion, though.

Yeah I re-read Korte and he said to use ESM. 60% feels so light, though ;)

He also says comp phase is for power, max strength and technique. So I was wondering about the power component as opposed to max strength.

I suggest you hold off rethinking the weights until next week.

I can't really much help on this since I bumped mine from the start of the comp phase and was at 67%, 64% and 65% of original targets. Even these felt light during the first week since I'd been doing more weight for more reps the week before.

I see what you mean about power. It's a shame he doesn't expand on that.

Right now I'm thinking to stay at 60% :p - actually the weights I was using at the end of Week 2. I wanted to maximize my benefit from these sets, though, whether that's from technique, power etc. standpoint. Probably doesn't make much difference in the long run, maybe it's just 'greasing the groove.'

I think I stated this in your 3 x 3 thread, I'm wondering how it works that my strength will increase from loading with a lot of volume ~60% intensity and then switching to (basically) a single at 80-95% once per week. It just doesn't seem enough :confused:

Hey as long as it works though :)

Week 5 Day 2

Not a whole lot to report. Today was heavy bench day, didn't get too much sleep but felt fine and knees starting to feel really good.

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
195 x 3 x 3

Pretty uneventful. Worked in with a couple buddies doing 315 quarter squats ;)

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (W-S-N)
135 x 3 x 3 (W-S-N)
185 x 3 x 1 (N-S-W)
240 x 2 x 1 (S)

Was supposed to be 236 and I debated if I should round up or down. I chose up :p Actually a little harder than I thought it'd be but I suppose it felt like 80%.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1
315 x 3 x 3

Kind of expected the bar to fly up after Monday's heavy day and another day of rest. Sadly, I didn't get in a groove until my last set, felt kinda heavy :(

Top Bottom