Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

In that case, the good news is that you only need to stretch by another 9% for a couple of singles throughout this coming week. :)

I'll go get some popcorn for the second half.

Congrats on finishing the first half! You've both said the volume phase was harder than the 5x5's. I just looked and noticed you did 35 reps of squats, 42 bench and 30 deads yesterday :worried:. I'm glad I can still gain on the single factor 5x5 :)

blut wump said:
I'll go get some popcorn for the second half.
:chomp:

blut wump said:
In that case, the good news is that you only need to stretch by another 9% for a couple of singles throughout this coming week. :)

Not high enough intensity? Think I should slide the marker?

anotherbutters said:
Congrats on finishing the first half! You've both said the volume phase was harder than the 5x5's. I just looked and noticed you did 35 reps of squats, 42 bench and 30 deads yesterday . I'm glad I can still gain on the single factor 5x5

Thanks AB. I'm not entirely convinced I wouldn't gain on the SF...

Jim Ouini said:
Not high enough intensity? Think I should slide the marker?
No. Sorry if I gave that impression, it wasn't intended. I think your first priority is getting deloaded. Play with intensity once you're feeling fresher or stretch to nine weeks.

blut wump said:
No. Sorry if I gave that impression, it wasn't intended. I think your first priority is getting deloaded. Play with intensity once you're feeling fresher or stretch to nine weeks.

Gotcha. 9% up for a single really doesn't sound like much. Maybe that's the point ;)

Not feeling read to attack the weights tomorrow - Monday is heavy dead day and back is still feeling kinda tight. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow.

BW (or anyone else reading) - any thoughts on, say, a 71% 3 x 3 week before starting the 80-95% fiesta? :chomp:

Don't be a wuss. ;)

I don't know how bad you're feeling but by the time you've done your 60% squats and bench you'll be warmed up and I suspect you'll work up just fine to a couple of singles at 80% on deads.

I had adjusted everything up already including my 60% weights and I remember thinking "Is that it?" on the Wednesday. I also remember thinking that deads were a good choice to have as the first heavy exercise. You have the choice to shuffle them around if you wish but I'd suggest leaving bench for the Wednesday.

That said, I doubt that a deload week would do any harm at all. I do think, though, that two singles at 80% along with the other two exercises at 60% will be easier to do than lots of 71% work. I think I overdid things by bumping not only my heavy sets but also the 60% ones. Just too much to allow a speedy deload.

Don't forget that the bench is down for 5 sets of 4 reps at 60% rather than 3x3.

Gah, what is Korte's obsession with benching? Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not feeling so bad, actually. I was just wondering for, uhm, scientific purposes. I too suspected that by the time I finish light squat and bench I'll primed and ready. I plan on keeping M-dead, W-bench, F-squat heavy layout.

blut wump said:
Don't be a wuss. ;)

:(

:p

When it came down to it, I clearly didn't suffer from, essentially, taking a week and a half out. I took a full week off and then did light workouts on the following Wednesday and Friday. I was still able to attack my bench and squat. Admittedly without heavy deads to worry about.

You've already done the hard work to guarantee your gains and the rest is up to you. If you change things, though, you know you'll get red lights. :)

Week 5 Day 1 (Comp Phase)
Felt pretty good, didn't do anything strenuous this weekend so today I felt ready to go. Lower back still somewhat tight, though, so that was concerning since I had heavy dead today.

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
195 x 3 x 3

Took my sweet time on these. Just concentrated on form, keeping muscles tight and so forth. Pretty easy, over before I knew it.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (W-S-N)
135 x 3 x 3 (W-S-N)
185 x 5 x 4 (N-S-W-N-S)

Nothing to report. Easy.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 2 x 1

Was feeling a little low blood sugar warming up. I was sipping on my workout drink which consisted of dextrose and whey. Usually I add a scoop of maltodextrin but I chose not to this time since I figured the workout would be short.

Anyway, like I said I was kind of concerned about 405 so that got my heart fluttering a little; 80% of my goal is actually 400 but it's easier just to put the plate on ;) I really tried to approach all my sets just like a heavy set, even 135. Debated on whether I should do 365 since I didn't want to expend energy needlessly but I felt I needed the confidence boost. 1st set of 405 actually felt pretty good, it went up quite fast. 2nd set, not as fast but still no problem. I started thinking 'hmm maybe this Korte shit works, that felt like 80%' Still not sure about hitting my goal, but for now I'll take it :p

Overall thoughts: After the marathon sessions of last few weeks this felt like a holiday. I know I still have some fatigue built up so I'm glad to have this workout and heavy dead out of the way. I'm hoping things just take off from here...

Top Bottom