Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got my BF% checked!

LaDyBuG

Hey everyone....i got my BF% checked for the first time a couple of days ago just to see where i was....so i can make sure that i'm making progress....I'm about to take my finals next week and plan to hit it hard after that and for the remainder of the summer....i'm a 20 year old female and i weigh about 123 lbs. and am 5'7''....my body fat % was 123.3%....i have no idea if that is good or not....i need your imput..also i would like to get some kind of idea of a good diet and workout that could lower that BF%.....i know you get these questions all the time...i just want to start off on the right track...thanks in advance....ladybug

How could we know if this is "good or not"?

What are your goals?? You've said you want to lower %bf, but at your hieght, age, gender and %bf you don't have much muscle IMHO. Are you looking for a career in modelling, or just out to catch a guy/gal, or just want to look good for a special up-coming occassion??

One other thing I would like to comment on is that %BF measurements are very inaccurate, As far as I'm concerned any number you give us is plus or minus 5%!!!! Perhaps you could give us some more info on your current diet, training, who measured your %bf and how, as well as any medium or long term goals if you have any.

thanks for the replies so far...i had my BF% checked using a digital caliper at gold's gym here in town.....he told me that it might be a little off....i am a college student and i work out off and on...so on the average about twice a week maybe..just whenever i get a break from studying and i basically eat whatever i want...this summer i plan to turn that all around and workout 4 times a week...weights and cardio and my boyfriend suggested that i get on an isocaloric diet...he figured up that i should eat around 1750 cals a day....does this sound right?? so i will start that after my last final on may 9....i also plan on drinking 1 gal of H2O a day and i'm going to start drinking a protein shake as well...right after my workout....tell me what you guys think....my goal is to decrease my BF%...but i don't know how much.....i also want to gain muscle....and no, i'm not into modeling....so i don't want to be a stick....please give me some feedback..thanks....ladybug

Well, the average for American women is about 22% and anything over 30% is clinically obese. Why not gain some muscle, and lose fat. You might end up weighing more but wearing a smaller size.

yeah...i want to gain muscle....and lose body fat....just wondering about the best way...and what my BF% goal should be....i'm clueless ...please enlighten me...thanks...bug:confused:

Do a search here on weight routines, etc. The best way to burn fat is to increase your metabolic rate, which is best boosted by increasing lean body mass ( muscles--by lifting weights). Your goal is whatever you want. If you want to to be very ripped --- a low BF%.

Top Bottom