Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Golfing Anyone ?

2ez

So after seeing Tiger win the Masters, I am inspired to learn the game of Golf. I figure I would start at the driving range to see how I hit the ball. a friend suggested that i go to the Calloway Preowned site to purchase my clubs.

For the driving range he has suggested the Great Big Bertha:

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/fwoods-gbb2.html

If i buy a complete set, would the club used for the driving range be included in the set ?

excuse the silly question....but why some many clubs ..I mean do you use all clubs for every game played ?

and he has also suggested that i buy a glove. but when I go onto the site, it talks about 4wood, 5wood and so on. Then it mentions Flex and length. i am thinking i need a standard length, but do i need a regular, firm, strong on stiff flex ?

Also, can you suggest the same for my wife and is there anything else i need to consider.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Go to a descent club that has an onstaff pro. Take the basic course set. Takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. Depending on scheduling. Then go to a driving range after you get a few lessons in.

Thanks for the reply WODIN !

I will continue to look...but the golf clubs that I have seen so far, are exclusive and I don't get along with pompous schmucks..... or do you mean go to a golf course and ask them ?

I am in the Manhattan and the driving range is in North Jersey, if you have any suggestions for this area.

Whatever you do, don't try to learn the game on your own. Your best bet is to get lessons from a pro from the start, that way you don't develop any nasty habits that you'll have to break. Learn it the right way from the beginning.

Also, since you're just starting I don't think buying the latest and greatest clubs will do you much good (unless you have a ton of cash to spend and don't give a crap). You can get a decent starter set (driver, woods, irons, putter, bag, etc) for a couple hundred bucks that'll work just fine.

I am by no means rich monetarily.....LOLOL

This same friend suggested the X-16 irons. the site says a set for $399. How many clubs are you getting in this set ?

Is this the average price for a set of golf clubs and does this include the club used for the driving iron ?

What is that club for the driving range called anyway ?

X-16 http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/isets-bb-x16.html

Last edited:
I eventually need to learn this sport too. I thought being as good at tennis as Andy Roddick or Serena Williams would get me by in business sports but I guess I have to master golf as well.

bran987 said:
what clubs should a beginner get hammy, and what should he pay
i really dont know a good set to recommend, there are a lot of good clubs on the market today, i play pings, which i love, callaways just look like a brick to me when they set up to the ball, a noob to golf may be fine looking down at them since they havent hit other clubs, callaways arent bad clubs at all its just that the top of the irons are much thicker than than irons im used to hitting, they just look too damn weird to me at the set up, and you have to be comfortable and confident when you set up to the ball, which im not with callaways
their drivers are great, i do recommend them

if you are starting out i would definately watch a lot of the golf channel, they have great lessons on there
study the swings of ernie els and luke donald, both very beautiful swings, with great tempo

Top Bottom