Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Golfing Anyone ?

3 is VERY impressive. Best I got to was a 6, though I've shot par multiple times and under par a few times. I'm probably closer to 12-15 now since I only play a handful of times a year, if that.

bran987 said:
ok I mean cheap so I don't F them up when I'm learning. guess I'll just go to wal mart or ebay
I'm pretty athletic I've played sports all my life so hopefully I will be a good 'striker of the ball'
good luck, its the hardest game there is
ill give you a tip, when hitting irons, always hit down on the ball with them
work on your tempo, thats soooooo important, do not try to hit the ball hard, let the club do the work, club head speed is achieved from having good tempo and no tension in your arms

i've been playing for a long time and these would be my suggestions:

1) Definitely take a few lessons from a golf pro at your local course.
2) Buy a set of sticks that is designed for new/bad golfer - (certain sets are designed for spin/distance/etc... you want one that is generous (i.e. to a degree self-correcting) to the hitter.)
3) Spend a considerable time on the driving range and putting green before you play a round.
4) Play your first round on a Par 3/4 (Pitch & Putt) Course. This will emphasize your short/mid irons and putter - which are your bread & butter.
5) Buy a glove and golf shoes so that your hands and feet have a good grip/balance on the sticks and ground.

As far as drivers, oversized heads will lead to more distance in your drives if used properly. Another gimmick you could look for are graphite shafts. As a beginner, i would stay away from the graphite, but the oversized heads are fine.

Be prepared to lose some balls and enjoy yourself.

A wise man once said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled." So be prepared for some rough rounds.

coverguy said:
i've been playing for a long time and these would be my suggestions:

1) Definitely take a few lessons from a golf pro at your local course.
2) Buy a set of sticks that is designed for new/bad golfer - (certain sets are designed for spin/distance/etc... you want one that is generous (i.e. to a degree self-correcting) to the hitter.)
3) Spend a considerable time on the driving range and putting green before you play a round.
4) Play your first round on a Par 3/4 (Pitch & Putt) Course. This will emphasize your short/mid irons and putter - which are your bread & butter.
5) Buy a glove and golf shoes so that your hands and feet have a good grip/balance on the sticks and ground.

As far as drivers, oversized heads will lead to more distance in your drives if used properly. Another gimmick you could look for are graphite shafts. As a beginner, i would stay away from the graphite, but the oversized heads are fine.

Be prepared to lose some balls and enjoy yourself.

A wise man once said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled." So be prepared for some rough rounds.

agree on #4, dont go on a regular course at first, get a feel for it at a par 3 course

klu hit some balls at the range
one ball she hit, hit her left foot after she hit it, another ball went through her legs
a guy was taking practice swings behind her and hit a divot and it went right on her, it was a classic

hamstershaver said:
klu hit some balls at the range
one ball she hit, hit her left foot after she hit it, another ball went through her legs
a guy was taking practice swings behind her and hit a divot and it went right on her, it was a classic

:lmao:

Pure talent.

HumorMe said:
:lmao:

Pure talent.
dude it wasnt funny :(
and butthead didnt even protect me, he was laughin with the guy :worried:

SoKlueles said:
dude it wasnt funny :(
and butthead didnt even protect me, he was laughin with the guy :worried:

lol....protect you from a divot?

I would have probably wet my pants from laughing.

I must spread it around before hitting hammy and soklu again.....damn!

Top Bottom