Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Golfing Anyone ?

The best advice I can give you is go take some lessons before you buy a set of sticks. This way you can try some different clubs and see what brand/length/flex you like before you go and spend a bunch of money on a set you don't like.

Next, golf pros, in my experience, tend to be pretty nice guys. These are people who have dedicated thier lives to the game, and most are very good at helping beginners. These guys are the ones that should address your questions simply because they are going to be able to analyze your swing and tell you what is right for you.

I know you wanted me to say "go get a set of Ping I3's (or whatever) they'll make you play the game like Tiger". Unfortunately, this is the most frustrating game on the face of the earth. Trying to learn on your own is nearly impossible. At least that is my expeience. Hope this helps.

sawastea enjoys golf as well. When he was living in Florida, he had a great game and hustled many of the locals. Now that he has moved, his game has gone south. He is going to PA in a few weeks to play a few rounds in the rolling hills and hopes to play more this summer. As a starter set, I thought Yonex had some decent irons, as well as Ping's and Titleist. I too am not a huge fan of the Calloway irons. Currently, am swinging Hogan irons and Calloway woods.

I agree..contact the PGA professional at the range, or at the closest golf course (public courses will also have pros) and see him for an introductory lesson(s). He will have some clubs you can use, then decide what you want to buy, maybe with his help.

I have no idea about north jersey man. Most club / range pros are very nice though and enjoy teaching the game. Just remember to have fun and not to over think your shots. :)

2ez said:
Thanks for the reply WODIN !

I will continue to look...but the golf clubs that I have seen so far, are exclusive and I don't get along with pompous schmucks..... or do you mean go to a golf course and ask them ?

I am in the Manhattan and the driving range is in North Jersey, if you have any suggestions for this area.

Shit, are you referring to the Korean run Bogota range? I frequent that place every so often. If I meet up with you there, I'll help you out.

hamstershaver said:
if you are starting out i would definately watch a lot of the golf channel, they have great lessons on there
study the swings of ernie els and luke donald, both very beautiful swings, with great tempo
I don't know if I have that channel but I'll check. I'm trying to find a good website to read about beginner clubs and everything else for beginners but I keep getting all this advertisement shit when I google

bran987 said:
I don't know if I have that channel but I'll check. I'm trying to find a good website to read about beginner clubs and everything else for beginners but I keep getting all this advertisement shit when I google
there is no such thing as "beginner clubs"
there is expensive and not as expensive
give me ANY club on the market and i will be able to hit it well (even whatever they would sell at wal mart), some probably a little better than others, but ill play well with any of them, because im a good player and a good striker of the ball
if you have a shitty swing and arent very athletic its not going to matter what clubs you buy, you wont hit any of them good
if you arent sure how into golf you are going to be i wouldnt go out and spend a lot of money on clubs, the golf clubs of today are much better than older clubs, they have bigger heads and are MUCH more forgiving on mishits, you really cant go wrong on any club you buy

hamstershaver said:
give me ANY club on the market and i will be able to hit it well (even whatever they would sell at wal mart), some probably a little better than others, but ill play well with any of them, because im a good player and a good striker of the ball
if you have a shitty swing and arent very athletic its not going to matter what clubs you buy, you wont hit any of them good
if you arent sure how into golf you are going to be i wouldnt go out and spend a lot of money on clubs, the golf clubs of today are much better than older clubs, they have bigger heads and are MUCH more forgiving on mishits, you really cant go wrong on any club you buy

Yeah...Callin your ass out......

How about the blade-type clubs?

hamstershaver said:

Top Bottom