Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dumbell curls vs preacher curl machine

All I'm saying is that it's up to you whether you should be pleased with a weight. Some people are born to be strong and they'd likely not be happy at 25Kg others have to work very hard to be able to do 25Kg. No-one here has any idea where your body sits on that scale. Just keep trying for more.

If it helps, that's the same as I did last time I did DB curls.

AlexMC said:
I've seen a couple of big guys at the gym doing the incline seated curl and looking huge from it... although as a movement it doesn't seem obvious and it appears to use front delts quite a lot. Anyone tell me why this is a good movement?

What's a decent weight to be lifting with my bi's after 8 months? As I said I'm on 25kg dumbells... should I be pleased?

The incline dumbel curl stops you from using the front delt and stretches the bicep from both insertion and origin. Just lean back and keep your elbows back and stationary - this way, only the bicep can raise the weight. If you can do 3 x 8 x 25kg (55lbs) then you are doing pretty good, but I have a feeling that to do it right, you will need to use the 20's for a while. I believe that those and barbel curls are the best bicep builders. I personally don't do much direct arm work because my arms get blasted from weighted curl grip chins, barbell rows (300lbs), deadlifts (500+) and power cleans. Triceps are killed with weighted dips and bench presses and push presses. After all that, my arms are too sore to do much direct work. Still, my long arms are 17 inches cold.

Top Bottom