Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing trivia: Do not cheat.

reno240 said:
He should have NEVER lost to Rahman though. He was sleep walking through that fight before he got clocked.

Interesting question - who wins with both fighters in their respective primes?
Lennox Lewis vs. Larry Holmes
the fight with Rahman he had it in the bag....one lucky shot and he was knocked out..damn..

Lewis vs. Homes is real tough one...Holmes ranks as one of the best boxers in the last 100 years...Wasnt he one of the two boxers who KO, Muhamed Ali?

Nobledude said:
the fight with Rahman he had it in the bag....one lucky shot and he was knocked out..damn..

Lewis vs. Homes is real tough one...Holmes ranks as one of the best boxers in the last 100 years...Wasnt he one of the two boxers who KO, Muhamed Ali?
Yeah - but Ali's brain was scrambled eggs by then. Holmes was an amazing fighter. But Lennox hit harder (I think) and was just physically bigger. Lennox's suspect chin is why I give the fight to Holmes.

reno240 said:
Yeah - but Ali's brain was scrambled eggs by then. Holmes was an amazing fighter. But Lennox hit harder (I think) and was just physically bigger. Lennox's suspect chin is why I give the fight to Holmes.
i think the best fights ever were the ones bween Frazer and Ali...the thrilla in Manila....

Frazer wouldnt bow at all despite having being hit with tones of punches,,,he will keep going forward...awesome bouts between those two...

one of the biggest surprise was Ali's defeat against a novice with ony 7 pro fights under his belt, Leon Spinks..

How about Rocky Marciano-Ali?

Nobledude said:
one of the biggest surprise was Ali's defeat against a novice with ony 7 pro fights under his belt, Leon Spinks..

How about Rocky Marciano-Ali?
Well - IMO - with everyone in their primes - I think Ali was the fastest, flat out best Heavyweight fighter ever.

reno240 said:
Well - IMO - with everyone in their primes - I think Ali was the fastest, flat out best Heavyweight fighter ever.
Do you remember the fight between Foreman and ALI....Foreman had him for 8 rounds I believe when exausted and tired of Ali's rope a dope strategy ....he got KO and he failed to make the count..No one would give Ali a chance against Foreman but his strategy worked out perfectly..

Ali's plan was to enrage Foreman ---which he did succesfully--and absorb his best blows in order to exhaust him mentally and physically. By the 8th round Foreman was exhausted and ALi took advantage of it..

Speaking of Foreman his comeback at 45 to regain the heavyweight championship was amazing...

Nobledude said:
It is sad that in the last years after Lennox retirement the heavyweight division went to shit..
Oh yeah it did - but it will come back around. I just can't stand the amount of titles. It seems like every freaking boxer has a title now.

reno240 said:
Oh yeah it did - but it will come back around. I just can't stand the amount of titles. It seems like every freaking boxer has a title now.
Name top three best heavy weights at all time...

Ali, Holmes, Marciano....IMO

Top Bottom