Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

215lb and up Basketball players... who here is one?

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

i am curious, have you always been a decent sized guy? my playing weight was in the 190's.... i played in a tourney yesterday cuz a friend was in need... well, on d i was a step slow... my outside game was fine, i was surprised i could still shoot well... my post game was different... i bumped more and moved people around more but i could not use the moves i used to... no drop steps and spin moves, i was beaten to the spot every time... i couldnt control the ball with the left as well as i like (time was the issue here, not the weight)... basically i was just 2 steps off... how did you guys adjust to being heavier than before? providing you played at a lower weight before... change your game around?

no, i will never play ball again... i may shoot around once in a great while, but i find basketball to be boring now. just curious how you guys adjusted.

I used to play at 185 and now I am 215 at 6'2". I never really had a problem adjusting. I am not really sure why but my vertical has stayed the same as well as my 40 yard dash speed. If anything they might have increased. I think I am blessed with good genetics because I have never had to work at all to dunk or run a fast 40.

I've played when i was about 230, now im at around 195. I have tons more coordination, speed, and agility now, so naturally im much better at this weight. In the same token, i can go much much longer now then i could before. BBall is my only sport, i could never stop playing it. All of my fitness is just geared towards it.

i happily gave it up to gain weight... 40lbs heavier now than when i played... i wouldnt mind playing more, but being at such a low level now i just would feel like some fuck i used to laugh at...:D

and what the hell does playing against shaq have to do with moving?

250 now - played at 195...just a teeny bit slower, but still have near 40-inch vertical and 98% of quickness.

MattTheSkywalker said:
250 now - played at 195...just a teeny bit slower, but still have near 40-inch vertical and 98% of quickness.

RRRRRRRRRROWWWRRRRR

OH UH, EXCUSE ME.
Where was my head.

:biggrin:

I just play pick-up now (at 225lbs) but go through major weight swings through the year (20-30 lbs). I have found that you can gain muscle and still retain most, if not all, of your abilities; however if you gain an appreciable amount of FAT (10 lbs or more) you definitely will feel a difference. I'm sure if you play on a more regular basis, that most of your abilities will come back to almost their previous levels.
The only thing I know that has declined for me since high school is my standing vertical jump (measured back then as 38") and some stamina because I don't have time to run on a regular basis

ya, i am not interested in getting back into it... i played for fun, kind of for a joke... but most of you replying seem to be saying if you work at it, its not that difficult to play at a heavier weight... someone should tell reggie miller this.

Top Bottom