Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**Alternatives to oatmeal for breakfast**

BIGEDD

I'm sick of oatmeal now. It makes me gag when i eat it and it has actually made me sick a few times. I tried adding cinnamon and sugar but it just that disgusting paste texture that make it taste so s**h. I know it is probably the best source of carbs but is there anything else i could eat that is just as good nutritionally.

My new discovery is frosted mini wheats. They taste great, have lots of weat and fiber in them, and also some high GI carbs from the frosting that are great in the morning .ALso they taste great!

Serving Size About 24 biscuits ( 1 bowl )

Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
Dietary Fiber 6.0
Sugars 12.0 g
Protein 6.0 g
Total Fat 1.0 g

Ingredients
Whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Sorbitol, Gelatin, Reduced Iron, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride Vitamin B6, Riboflavin Vitamin B2, Thiamin Hydrochloride Vitamin B1, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Bht

can't beat it.

perfect for bulking, and even good for cutting if you only have them in the AM.

also, you should try mixing in maple syrup with your oatmeal. If you dont want the sugar, get sugar free syrup.

my recepit for otameal is

1/2 cup dry oats
1 tblspoon brown sugar
1 tblspoon cinnamon sugar
1 teaspoon salt

mix all of it up before adding water then stir with warm water

In a blender, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of water (I use soy milk for a thickener), banana, and 2 scoops of protein powder.

try homemade protein pancake. It uses 1/2 cup of oat but you don't taste that at all in my opinion.

search for protein pancake in muscle food.

Frosted mini wheats sounds good. Lol!. I have heard about those 'cream of' products but i have never seen them here in England. I'll also look up the protein pancake.
thanx.

Aw, come on, dude - use your imagination!

Chick peas and yoghurt.
Black beans and cottage cheese.
Cottage cheese omelette with brown rice on the side (or INSIDE)
Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese.
Baked sweet potato with boiled eggs.
Baked sweet potato with splenda and cinnamon and a protein shake.
Stir fried (in Pam) soba noodles with onions and strips of tofu and soy sauce.
Egg white oatmeal pancakes with ANYTHING (YUMMM) (see Cut's thread on the muscle food board)
Wholewheat pasta with chicken chunks
Steak & eggs and baked potato
Wholegrain toast with marmite and boiled eggs and fat free cheese.
Kidney beans and salsa on wholegrain bread (dunno how strict your diet is ...)
Tofu and ANYTHING shake (fruit, kool aid, yoghurt, whatever, see plornive's shake thread on the muscle food board)
Rice pudding (made with skim milk and splenda, cinnamon, a few raisins - my god this is good)

If you're eating sugar you're probably not on a very clean diet, so, hell, go for bagels with cottage cheese and tomato and cucumber and fresh basil leaves.

I could go on and on and on and oooonnn ........

Have you tried fiber one cereal? Somebody else mentioned it somewhere on the board, I like it with some protein powder mixed in...
half cup equals:
calories 61.5 kcal
Total Fat 0.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
sodium 142.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 24 g
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
Sugars 9.8g
Protein 2.8 g