Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the zimmerman "omg racist!!!" shooting in florida of the kid

So does that make Obama a whitey?

Have we not had our first black president after all?
I don't care which you call him. To me he's both white and black. The one drop rule was created by whites, not minorities. Answer the question.

I don't care which you call him. To me he's both white and black. The one drop rule was created by whites, not minorities. Answer the question.

I know the one drop rule but Hispanics have their own version that wasn't imposed by WASPS. Studies have concluded that even blacks judge other blacks by the amount of melanin in their skin...It's ridiculous.

Ummm, there's a difference between race and ethnicity.

Hispanic isn't a race, so being Hispanic doesn't mean someone isn't white. How stupid it is to hear people say "he's not white, he's Hispanic".

Apples and oranges.

Are people in this thread not aware of the difference between race and ethnicity?

Hispanic isn't a race, so being Hispanic doesn't mean someone isn't white. How stupid it is to hear people say "he's not white, he's Hispanic".

Apples and oranges.

How stupid is it to judge someone not based on their actions but on their ethnicity?

The media has conflated this into a white and black societal issue as opposed to what actually happened. A paranoid guy saw a hoodie wearing black kid, a thug stereotype, ran him down and murdered him....end of story..no racism but a stereotype...He would have done the same if a white Hells Angel was riding in the neighborhood...thug stereotype.

How stupid is it to judge someone not based on their actions but on their ethnicity?

The media has conflated this into a white and black societal issue as opposed to what actually happened. A paranoid guy saw a hoodie wearing black kid, a thug stereotype, ran him down and murdered him....end of story..no racism but a stereotype...He would have done the same if a white Hells Angel was riding in the neighborhood...thug stereotype.
but he would NOT have done the same if a 140lb hoodie-wearing white kid was moseying down the street with Skittles and tea. THAT is why race matters here.

Yeah I agree that it's stupid and uncalled for. I wish the focus was more on a dead child than white and black bullshit.

....unless what the guy said during the phone call really was "coon", then, in this case at least, it is a racial thing. IMO

But we won't know that because all we have is an unclear recording, and that's after enhancements.

but he would NOT have done the same if a 140lb hoodie-wearing white kid was moseying down the street with Skittles and tea. THAT is why race matters here.

You can't make that claim...I bet if a 140lb white kid wearing thug gear might have gotten the same treatment from a paranoid.

You're assuming he was rational..by all accounts he was a paranoid; A normal person doesn't run down someone and murder them.

One of my best friends in college was a black man and he was very confrontational...I remember his anger when he was ticketed for jay walking..a pretty much bullshit charges at OSU but he was a dick to the cops and he escalated the confrontation...I was stopped by pd for pissing in the alley on a drinking binge and apologetic to the police....I didn't get a ticket. White people understand they need to be deferential to the government, my black friends have always had a chip on their shoulder about it. Maybe you're getting hassled because you're challenging authority and not the amount of melanin in your cells.

Ummm, there's a difference between race and ethnicity.

Apples and oranges.
I concur...

Wear that opinion as your flag on the Puerto Rican day festival in NYC...

I'm Prussian...not white...

Let's see. His mom is a Latino but his father is a German so he's 50/50...yet somehow it's right to call him Hispanic but wrong to call him white. Help a brotha out with the math cuz I don't know nuttin bout birthin no babies, Miss Scarlet.

Help you sleep better at night to say it's just two minorities, does it?

That won't effect my sleep either way.

But I do think it's disgraceful for the media to crystallize around one terrible crime and ascribe all sorts of additional meaning behind it.

1) A guy did something stupid

2) An innocent guy died because of it.

That's going to happen several times today. Where are those news articles? What made this one guy so much worthier of our attention and debate over the hundreds that have died since then?

Top Bottom