Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The past 4 months of my life, opiate additction, hitting rock bottom and rehab

Can one be part of the New Beginnings even if they have no addictions like myself?

No. In 12 step group language, it's a "closed meeting."

Bino, I've talked about my crap here a bit. I've struggled with bulimia off and on for about 8 years now. I know it's not something a lot of people associate with addiction, but it's all the same demons, just different words for it.

addiction's genetic component means you really can't make any assumptions based on anything. There are a lot of good and apparently normal or successful people that struggle with addiction.

Not only that, addiction just doesn't come in the form drugs or alcohol. Food, internet, video games, sex, gambling. Addiction can literally be anything that inspires compulsive use of something or activity that is detrimental to daily life, despite knowing it is negatively effecting your day to day to life.
i'm dealing a bit with a tweaker right now, it's a friend of a friend sorta deal.
walking dead for the most part, once a tweaker always a tweaker i don't see how anyone comes back from that shit

It's possible to never do meth again - and not even want to - even if you have done it for a while..........but some people, like my ex, will always want to do it if they get the chance - he's an addict, through and through..... I guess it does just depend on if you have an addictive personality or not. I have been lucky.....my addiction, if I have one, is adreniline. Could be worse, I guess.....

Woman have always been my addiction. It is the reason I would drink when I was single.

hey you new beginnings peeps, would you mind telling what your fix was?
i can't envision nerf or txbondsmen being addicted to things, it goes
against their e-personalities

Very often it's those you'd least expect to be addicts/alcoholics. The "disease" does not discriminate.

Many are/were extremely skilled at hiding it.

It's possible to never do meth again - and not even want to - even if you have done it for a while..........but some people, like my ex, will always want to do it if they get the chance - he's an addict, through and through..... I guess it does just depend on if you have an addictive personality or not. I have been lucky.....my addiction, if I have one, is adreniline. Could be worse, I guess.....

yeah i agree it's possible to never do meth, and to completely recover and have no ill effects.
but i think when you get past a certain point, when your body has rotted just too much and your brain fried too many times,
there is no complete recovery.
you may never do meth again, but you'll always have tweaker characteristics (complusive behaviour, fidgeting, acting like a space cadet, etc).
at least that's what i'm noticing, norcal is chock full of tweakers that only come out at night

Last edited:
I have to agree with you on that - I think there is definitely a point of no return due to permanent damage.
Sounds like Apache Juntion and North Phoenix here in AZ.......tweakers everywhere.

I have to agree with you on that - I think there is definitely a point of no return due to permanent damage.
Sounds like Apache Juntion and North Phoenix here in AZ.......tweakers everywhere.

real life zombies

hey you new beginnings peeps, would you mind telling what your fix was?
i can't envision nerf or txbondsmen being addicted to things, it goes
against their e-personalities

I drank a beer once and wanted a second one.

I'm supposed to do a write up of my "story" for my church support group....maybe I'll type it and print it so I can copy and past in new beginnings.

yes mam, that would be cool! thanks.

it wasn't TOO long ago that you would barely even speak of your addiction/disorder to anyone, now your puttin it out there on C&C, that's progress... :-)

Top Bottom