Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The past 4 months of my life, opiate additction, hitting rock bottom and rehab

Im glad you are doing well too :)
just take it one day at a time, don't beat yourself up for having a couple beers. Generally speaking, those of us with addiction issues aren't great with handling alcohol either though.
Addiction is a cunning, powerful, and baffling disease, and it may try to suck you in through the drink, so be careful.
For me, a drink will only lead to hunting down drugs. Guaranteed.
Recovery is a whole process, it is not an overnight thing. It is a lifestyle, and as long as you just focus on the next 24 hours, you have a chance at sobriety. Forget about the past, and don't think about tomorrow.
It is good you have a sober friend, I recommend finding sober male friends too though to hang out with.

^^This

Every addict I know that relapsed did so when they drank first. I never really got into drugs aside from expirementing. I could do a line and not want more and it would baffle people. Same way I wonder how someone can do a couple of shots and stop. If you drink and let your guard down you could very well disappear for a couple of weeks. If drinking will make chunky bishes look better, they'll sure as hell make some dope sound like a great idea.

It is good to hear you are doing well.

I had a friend from the military who hit rock bottom a few years ago. He decided to give up and ODed on pain killers. I miss him.

doing great thanks!

i'm not going to lie though, I had a few brews watching some football so I guess technically my sobriety run ended, havn't used drugs though. I'm not a big drinker, it's just the cool fall weather, halloween, the leaves, sunday afternoon fb. Stupid mistake

OFF TOPIC: Are the Longhorns even ranked? (lol)

Been laying low alot, hanging with this chick I met at NA. She's got skeletons but is sweet. Good to hang with someone who can relate to what you're going through. Were not fucking

That's about it, i'm just being a lazy ass collecting Obama money for right now, I don't know how people (pmunk) do it, I get so bored not having a job. No structure, I want to get back to work, any work. Maybe get my masters, it's nice being able to start over, so many new options, no longer institutionalized, free.

Love u guys 8=====D

two addicts new in recovery together is always a bad thing imo, ESPECIALLY if ones a female. FYI, you need friends who are in the program, but you need to meet them at the meetings or when your out with your and her sponsor. This is a BIG deal, seen it many times before. IMO you really need to re-think any relationship, especially ones with other addicts. Be careful TR, you may not see thgis as a big deal, but I assure you, IT IS.

You drink enough alcohol, you'll end up going after whgat you really want. period. end of story. Since you seem to have escaped that this time, consider yourself lucky. make it a learning experience. Next time you start to put that alcohol to your moth, I hope you feel the tightening of the tie-off and smell of the spoon. That's JUST how serious I feel about it. Beat yourself up about it, No. Plan on not letting tihappen again at all cost, Yes. Even though alcohol wasn't your "deal", it will lower your ability to say no to other things. Other things make your life a living hell or kill you. Whichever comes first.

"We never dwell on the past... but we never want to forget it either." Remembering how far down we were and how far up we've come helps up stay sober/ clean.

Alot of people think that slips/ relapse is just the way that recovery goes, I have news, it isn't. It doesn't HAVE to be atleast. I have seen people who just slipped once. The next time they didn't have a chance to come back, they were dead. D.... E.... A... D, DEAD, as in kick dirt in my face and somebody sing. DEAD.

Sorry to hear that man, i really am...i broke my wrist and started on percs and became liking them a little too much...then i went down to Tramadol, them works just as well if not better...im so proud of you for admitting it and getting some help brother, it takes a strong person to do that. Im here to talk anytime man!

When I broke my ankle I had some percs. 10mg and they were great.

I ran into some 20mg oxys a while back and took those and all it did was put me to sleep. I chewed them too because I know they are time released. It really did nothing for me. I can't see how people get addicted to them. It is not a 'high' like getting drunk. I've never done any other drug so I can't compare it to anything else. Heck, my first cig gave me a better high than the oxycontin.

How long does it take to get addicted to pain meds? A few weeks, months?

I think those kinds of things affect people differently...I've taken vicodin and oxys after injuries and/or surgery and both made me horribly sick on my stomach and sleepy.

Top Bottom