Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The past 4 months of my life, opiate additction, hitting rock bottom and rehab

yeah i agree it's possible to never do meth, and to completely recover and have no ill effects.
but i think when you get past a certain point, when your body has rotted just too much and your brain fried too many times,
there is no complete recovery.
you may never do meth again, but you'll always have tweaker characteristics (complusive behaviour, fidgeting, acting like a space cadet, etc).
at least that's what i'm noticing, norcal is chock full of tweakers that only come out at night

I wish that were true. IME it's not. If you smoked glass for any length of time at all there's damage that never gets fully remediated. Once you work past the first year clean your brain has healed it's physical addiction, or so the docs say. But depending on your age, overall health, and any detoxing/cognitive support supps you take, it can easily take 3 or 4 more for cognitive and emotional stuff to begin to approach real normalcy. I believe the contaminants in that filch fuck your brain up as much as the drug itself. Very toxic stuff.

I would say I can be a problem drinker most of the time, which is not an alcoholic to my understanding. Problem drinking means I dont crave alcohol or need to drink, it means when I start to drink its hard to stop before getting drunk. I go weeks without drinking and its no big deal.

I know everyone here is totally shocked by this revelation on my part.
honestly rob, im the same way....

I can go to a party and not drink. But if there's a shitload of people, and the party is off the hook, I can't drink more then three beers.... Or else I turn into frank the tank.

I don't crave it, I can go forever without it. But if i'm in the situation, its hard to not get super drunk....

lambro - browns are going to smash the bengals this weekend. it will be a close game but we'll pull off....

and if you want to, we can grab a couple of heat - cavs tickets and steal cw's idea of wearing delonte west masks to scare lebron.

lambro - browns are going to smash the bengals this weekend. it will be a close game but we'll pull off....

and if you want to, we can grab a couple of heat - cavs tickets and steal cw's idea of wearing delonte west masks to scare lebron.

lol, or just go to Miami when they play the C's and D West is on the floor

hey you new beginnings peeps, would you mind telling what your fix was?
i can't envision nerf or txbondsmen being addicted to things, it goes
against their e-personalities

over the last twenty years, almost anything mood altering. It went in stages.
benzos/downers from 14-17 (age) I still have major memory loss from those days due to blackouts- mixing alcohol and Valium/Halcion
pcp from 17-19 (snorted)
ecstacy from 19-33- off and on, I generally puked on it, and I felt too out of control on it, so it was never my favourite
powder cocaine from 19-33 (my drug of choice, used almost every day)
alcohol remained a constant and I always drank to get drunk from 14-33
weed was a constant too, from 14-33
dabbled in opiates, but they never really did it for me
tried crack about ten times, again I never really "clicked" with it.

My sobriety date is May 27, 2007.

well lambro were glad to see you clean and admitting your problem. keep up with the meetings and stay on the right path. its very hard to do. i had 2 cousins in your same shoes. they never made it. one died on 7/2/08 at 19 years old and his older bro just died 7/17/10. sam the older one was out of rehab for a couple months but started drinking very heavily and started doing xanies again. then he relapsed for the first time and overdosed and his mom found him dead. she lost both her babies in the last 2 years.

stay strong roma, you are winning the war handily now.

well lambro were glad to see you clean and admitting your problem. keep up with the meetings and stay on the right path. its very hard to do. i had 2 cousins in your same shoes. they never made it. one died on 7/2/08 at 19 years old and his older bro just died 7/17/10. sam the older one was out of rehab for a couple months but started drinking very heavily and started doing xanies again. then he relapsed for the first time and overdosed and his mom found him dead. she lost both her babies in the last 2 years.

stay strong roma, you are winning the war handily now.

That's the cold, hard truth. trajic. very sobering, pun intended. Now you see why some of us find no humor in the "Xannies forever threads" that pop up with some regularity.

thanks for the post DM, maybe someone will see it and benefit.

hope not

on my 'friends' way out he had to break through those times

thats when the sharks come ( when u go back)

cold turkey is the only way bro

Top Bottom