Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The past 4 months of my life, opiate additction, hitting rock bottom and rehab

I find it slightly amusing, and then slightly pissed off, that we have all the "official" posts from people who "know" about drug addiction. YET, all but 3 posters have never even been seen in the New Beginnings group. We have EF members who have been EXTREEMLY sick, needed all this sage advise, where were yall then?
Thanks to the other 3, that advise was sound, I hope that you PM'd him and asked him to come join us.

TR, I think that you knew we had a substance abuse group, but if you didn't it's New Beginnings, we'd love to try and help in any way, give you our stories and what worked for us, or just listen.

TxB

Here's the original announcement for the group, check the date, it's hard to believe that during this time, some of you weren'r around to help a Brother or Sister out.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...one-who-experiencing-problems-due-615372.html

Visit some different meetings to find a group with which you really connect, ok? That's important. I've got 8 years in now and can tell you from experience it's ALL about the group. Definitely the Higher Power concept does not work for everyone. In fact it doesn't work for a lot of people. It's the peer support though homie.

Please visit at least 3 different groups and don't settle until for one until you really find yourself connecting. :)

And get a sponsor.
And read the Big Book.
Well done.
Keep up the good work.

My half-sister battled a heroin addiction for 15 years before she died two years ago from an overdose. She never wanted to quit - she only tried to quit many times to try to make her family happy. The fact that you actually WANT to quit is HUGE......there is some great advice on here, especially the part about don't ever fall into the trap where you think you can dabble once or twice becuase you are "cured". From what you have posted here, you are doing this for all the right reasons, and I honestly believe you will beat this. Good luck to you!!! :)

You have a new chance at life. I am so happy for you that you are clean today.
I am sober too, and for me it took going to meetings, getting a sponsor, working the steps, and working on "Me". You have been given a wonderful opportunity to start over.
It's truly just one day at a time, and learning what your triggers are, especially in new sobriety.
For example, I had to get rid of all and any old drinking/using buddies, which hurts in the beginning, but not so much once you make new friends. And not going into environments that I used in- bars etc.
Knowing about HALT helped me a lot too. Taking care of the "Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired" symptoms that eventually could lead to relapse.
As for higher power, that can always just be the 12 step group you attend. It doesn't have to be anything remotely associated with religion. Higher power could refer to any support system you have that is going to help you stay sober.
Come check out the New Beginnings group, it's awesome to have a place to let off some steam and no one will judge you or talk trash.

I find it slightly amusing, and then slightly pissed off, that we have all the "official" posts from people who "know" about drug addiction. YET, all but 3 posters have never even been seen in the New Beginnings group. We have EF members who have been EXTREEMLY sick, needed all this sage advise, where were yall then?
Thanks to the other 3, that advise was sound, I hope that you PM'd him and asked him to come join us.

TR, I think that you knew we had a substance abuse group, but if you didn't it's New Beginnings, we'd love to try and help in any way, give you our stories and what worked for us, or just listen.

TxB

Here's the original announcement for the group, check the date, it's hard to believe that during this time, some of you weren'r around to help a Brother or Sister out.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...one-who-experiencing-problems-due-615372.html

I linked the brother up in PMs, naturally.

damn bro i never would have guessed this about you.
i'm just getting over getting my asshole sliced up, and i felt the pull of pain meds.
thankfully i fought it off
godspeed good bro
andrew

Glad you shared this and you are back bro. We all want you to succeed and get better every day. Get into the New Beginnings group if you haven't already. I know there's some great people in there that will support you.

Top Bottom