Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Set me straight

hanging_on

im so lost!i get my husband off to work at 5:00am,and would like to do tyboe at home for an hour?but i also joined a gym on 4-13-01 almost 4 weeks,scale hasa not budged but i have noticed that my neck and arms are a slight smaller.My routine is Mon,Wed THur i take step aerobic,tues Fri sat,is any cardio for an hour.Plus after each session of cardio same days i work body with weights.EX..Mon,wed FRI arms,no more than 30lbs a maching,tues thur,sat legs .i do 15 rep,x3.is this enough,am i doing it wrong.Can i work out in the morning at 5:00 and still at 9:00 to get faster results.More cardio is fat loss?I give my self sunday off,sometimes Saturday is working out 6 days straight correct,ive been told to doing my weight training before i do cardio,but i thought your heart rate is supposed to be up for lifting?im not looking to bulk up AT ALL/the people at my gym said i would have to lift weights to lose weight......thank you

What is your diet like?
What is your current height, weight, BFP?
It appears that you are doing way too much cardio and not training with weights enough or using adequate resistance to meet your goals. You do not have the hormones to get huge so do not worry about that.

set me straight

well my diet is ok i think.it varies,for breakfast ill either do slim fast or have a bowl of cereal.usually shreaded wheat.2% milk....lunch is the hardest,if i dont eat slim fast i might eat top ramen,or a big fat sandwich..so i almost always do slim fast for lunch....inbetween breakfast and lunch i eat fruits and string cheese,crackers,veggies,something low fat to snack on.for dinner well i cook chicken breats a lot,pretty much low fat i think i dont make any fried foods,we like spagettie a lot.pork chops baked,mashed potatoes no gravy or butter,but on dinner if i do make something high in fat i make sure i eat a very small plate......the whole thing with no carbs,more protein,no protein,is to confusing for me,i thought that if i watched what i ate,and made sure not to eat fatting foods,i would be ok.lots of WATER,IM MEAN LOTS OF WATER,6 or so of a 20 oz bottle.enought water?to much

YOu might want to do a search on cutting diets, losing body fats, etc. The Diet board has just had a flurry of cutting diet posts.

YOu don't want to eat too little because your body will shut down on weight loss and hang on to every oz. Try to eat 10-12 cals. per pound of weight with .5 to 1 gram of protein per pound. Try to eat 4-5 meals a day (not huge, but with protein, carbs and fat. Maybe no carbs after 6 pm.

Good fats will help you burn fat--don't try to cut your fats to nothing, as this will be counterproductive.

I'd really take a look at some sample diets--top ramen has no nuritional value, lean protein is good, high fiber veggies are good.

You want to build muscle mass which will (1) rev. up your metabolism and (2) make you shirnk cuz muscle is denser than fat (a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat--joke).

I like 60 minutes of cardio at a reasonable pace --not too fast not too draggy. I do this 5 days a week, take 1 day off and lift 2-3 days. I don't do any real cardio after lower body work-outs (maybe 20 minutes to disperse lactic acid).

The more slowly you lose the weight the better chance you have of keeping it off forever. There's a ton of god advice here and it's worth the time to read the old posts and search.

Good luck!

Definately too much cardio for now....its time to relearn what you thought you knew about changing your body.

Listen to what Keiko says about your food intake. Most women don't eat enough protein or calories in general. Most women cardio themselves to death and end up frustrated because nothing is happening.

Make sure you read the "white death" thread and "when does 30+30 not=60" thread for a good start.

Most of us here realized that lifting weights (and lifting heavy) is the ONLY thing that has reshaped us.

I'd suggest subscribing to Oxygen or Muscle and Fitness Hers for a good base of ideas, training tips and motivation.

Welcome..

I found this a few posts down. Been there??
http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8725

As Lobo stated above. what you read here may not make sense at first, but believe me, it is all good. (Well most of it is)

Get rid of the Slim Fast (dogs love it)

Join a Gym. Visit many and go for the one with a mix of beginners and intermediates so you are not intimidated.(YMCA)

Start out with light weights and work on proper form.

Find a workout partner. It helps motivate you to go so you don't stand them up. Other than your husband.

Search the archives here. Some great stuff as well as some dribble.

Having a bad day? Go into the Chat Board for a pick me up.

If you can give me a couple of days I am going to work on a post that will put all of the beginner info together and will have Warlobo go over it. Then hopefully the vets will jump in and add to it. That way we will have one post with in depth info that we can refer beginners to.

Sweetie...get rid of the SLIM FAST SHAKES...they are NO good and do nothing for you!!! You need to eat good solid foods, and more than 3 meals a day. Your diet is everything and you will notice changes once you start taking things out of your diet that you dont need. You need to eat 5-6 small meals a day. Chicken is great, but you need to eat more protein, like 1-1.5 grams per pound! Turkey breasts, egg whites, tuna, lean red meat, and fish are great examples of what you should be eating. Stay away from the pastas, white breads, and sugar!!! Eat good carbs like oatmeal, rice, yams, veggies.....etc. Cut back a tad on the cardio, you need to focus on weight training...this will build lean body mass and will boost your metabolism as well. So you will burn more calories at rest. You need good solid intense weight training...you might want to look into a a personal trainer, just to get you started and show you proper form and give you some basic exercises and help you get headed in the right direction. No more shakes....those are such a waste..fill yourself with clean food instead, you will see a big difference:)

Top Bottom