Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Russia will kill Canada in Olympic hockey

Just ain't the same as the ole USSR. Russians have addopted Canadian Hockey and are no longer disiplined the way they used to be. Russia vs. Canada or USA and it is nearly a level playing field, especially if the pros are really into it. Only advantage Russia may have is they still play largely as a team all year, unlike our all star teams.

SlimJim52 said:
Just ain't the same as the ole USSR. Russians have addopted Canadian Hockey and are no longer disiplined the way they used to be. Russia vs. Canada or USA and it is nearly a level playing field, especially if the pros are really into it. Only advantage Russia may have is they still play largely as a team all year, unlike our all star teams.

Thats a load of shit if i ever read it ... the " GAME HAS CHANGED " The players are twice as fast and twice as skilled and twice as conditioned as any russian team of the past .... Shit the great one himself could never shine the way he did in the 80's today ... why ? Becasue the " game and players " have evolved .
They have learned the skills and stratigies of players and teams gone by and brought that to another level alltogether .. Our worst NHL team today in 2006 would skate circles around the red army teams of the 70's ... equipment is better ,training is better , skill levels are higher ... shit even the steriods of today are a mark above what if anything was used back then .

Hockey as a whole has never been as fast and skilled as it is now .. comparing todays brand to yesterdays is ....... ????? silly to say the least .

Canada will do what they always do ... play to the level of the opposition . Even when faced with a dirt bag team they don't turn and burn and run up the score ( not like our ladies team ) .... I've yet to see the hitting machine come out , now thats a canadian brand of hockey when the boy's get pissed off ...

There is not to many teams that can skate and " hit " at the same time ... I hope canada does come against some good compitition before this tournament is over .. i'd love to see some europeans get leveled once our boys get there backs against the wall .

Those swedes seem to crumble quickly when the physical game comes to town ...

boxerjake said:
Thats a load of shit if i ever read it ... the " GAME HAS CHANGED " The players are twice as fast and twice as skilled and twice as conditioned as any russian team of the past .... Shit the great one himself could never shine the way he did in the 80's today ... why ? Becasue the " game and players " have evolved .
They have learned the skills and stratigies of players and teams gone by and brought that to another level alltogether .. Our worst NHL team today in 2006 would skate circles around the red army teams of the 70's ... equipment is better ,training is better , skill levels are higher ... shit even the steriods of today are a mark above what if anything was used back then .

Hockey as a whole has never been as fast and skilled as it is now .. comparing todays brand to yesterdays is ....... ????? silly to say the least .

Canada will do what they always do ... play to the level of the opposition . Even when faced with a dirt bag team they don't turn and burn and run up the score ( not like our ladies team ) .... I've yet to see the hitting machine come out , now thats a canadian brand of hockey when the boy's get pissed off ...

There is not to many teams that can skate and " hit " at the same time ... I hope canada does come against some good compitition before this tournament is over .. i'd love to see some europeans get leveled once our boys get there backs against the wall .

good post man

boxerjake said:

So true, in the 80's and early 90's players showed up to camp outta shape and played themselves into shape by X-mas or so.

The game has changed and even the elite players have to now show up in shape or risk being left behind. It is a year round job for those guys now and there is no off season when it comes to fitness.

Top Bottom