Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oklahoma Sooner Football - Ranked #1??

I don't think White can carry them or stay healthy for the season.
The Pokes have the best Quarter/Receiver combo in the conference (at least). The Sooners will really have to want to beat them to pull it off after the last 2 years.

Sorry, the sooners will last at #1 for about 3 weeks. If they prove me wrong, Good for them, I'll be rootin for them at the big bowls. At least the Sooners are back at the top of the heap, after the dismal post-Barry years.

Look for OSU to be in the top 10 very shortly. I think they are a few years behind the sooners in program development.

Josh Fields for OSU is certainly a threat to the Sooner squad. . I think Stoops has a plan this time.

OSU has ruined OUs chances of a National Title two years in a row.

oklahoma would have beaten ohio state last year, would have been a six or seven point favorite over the buckeyes. this is why they need a playoff. oklahoma is a great team who stumbled, they smoked a very good wash st team in the rose.

sinjinsmythe33 said:
oklahoma would have beaten ohio state last year, would have been a six or seven point favorite over the buckeyes. this is why they need a playoff.

I also like the playoff idea for NCAA Football, but I don't think you can really say "OU would beat OS last year". In college football every game counts! If you lose one game you may not get a second chance at the National Title, and if you lose 2 games - forget about it (A&M and OSU). This is why the BIG12 is such a tough conference...any team can beat any team on any Saturday, you have to be ready to do battle every week and the team with the fewest mistakes and most BIG plays will win.

I think Texas beats OU this year in the Red River Shootout and OU will not stay on top after that loss. I know , I know, the last three...blah blah blah; but Texas still has the overall advantage in this series and we will add one more this year... IMHO

Who will OU start if White goes out for a third straight season? Even if he doesn't get injured, he is unproven QB. He has started just four games in the past two seasons. Also the Sooners lead the NCAA in interceptions thrown since 1999, and had a whopping 24 INT last season. Their D is going to be great (what's new?) but can they get adequate play from the QB position?

louden_swain said:
Please discuss!!
Can OU defeat #24 OSU?

FYI: Oklahoma State has 16 starters returning, and they know what it takes to upset OU. No easy task for OU or OSU, this should be a hell of a BIG12 Battle this year!

One more "tidbit" : OSU has never beaten OU 3 straight times.

sh4dowf4lcon ,

I like your thoughts. I don't think Texas will defeat OU this upcoming season. . Texas is psychologically damaged and the entire squad freezes up during game time. Look what happened to Simms. . .put on one of the worst performances of his career.

The OU defense will be smothering this season.

Thats an interesting fact about OSU not beating OU three times in a row. Oklahoma State will be a passing team for sure.

I am sure Stoops and his entire staff have developed a plan to defeat OSU. . .they had better if they want to make it into the National Championship.

Overall good thoughts.

Hey if you are an Ou fan and you have witnessed the whipping they have doled out to Mack Brown's Horns the past three years I cant blame you for doubting Texas will win this year. You have three good reasons to believe OU will win, but c'mon psychologically damaged???? LOL

Really if you play ball or played ball you know better than that. TX will bring A-Game and with every loss there is more bad blood and more desire to make it right. OU & TX is the best rivalry in College Football right now. Top 5 teams going head to head (usually undefeated) and it is every year, no two-ways about it...we will do battle @ least once a year, and so far Mack Brown has not been able to put together and execute a game plan to beat Stoops...

Predictions:
This year the horns win 24-17 and OSU wins 3rd straight against OU for the first time in school history.

Go ahead and tell me why I am crazy, but I predict 2 losses for the sooners and they come at the hands of TX and OSU this year. These are my predictions for OU.

Top Bottom