Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my niece, a horny "friend", uncle rnch, baseball bat.....perhaps i over reacted?

Ok - so you see someone being raped and you want to help.
I dont think saying - "hey, stop raping her" is always going to work.
We are no longer talking about Rnch -lets get hypothetical...
What if the attacker has a gun?
What if the attacker is much bigger than you and you need to smack him in the head with a bat to get him to stop?

Stefka said:
What if the attacker has a gun?
What if the attacker is much bigger than you and you need to smack him in the head with a bat to get him to stop?

These are the only circumstances in which I can envisage a deadly blow or shot being warranted.

But they are far removed from the situation at hand and I think you know this. You've simply altered the circumstances in order to win an argument.

biteme said:
Using your analogy, it's okay to beat someone to death if they try to kick your ass. If I feel that threatened, I agree. I am afraid to fight people because I'm afraid I will kill them or vice versa. All it takes is one good blow in the right place.

No there is a big difference between rape and getting beat up.
It is legal in the US to use lethal force to prevent someone from killing you, inflicting grievous bodily harm, or raping you.
It isn’t legal to use lethal force in response to someone breaking your nose.

Oceano said:
These are the only circumstances in which I can envisage a deadly blow or shot being warranted.

But they are far removed from the situation at hand and I think you know this. You've simply altered the circumstances in order to win an argument.

SHe's looking for an excuse to kill somone. Has a violent streak. :evil:

biteme said:
SHe's looking for an excuse to kill somone. Has a violent streak. :evil:

Nah, she's looking to win an argument which she can't do because in rnch's situation a deadly blow is in no way justified.

Even by widening the boundaries to include rape where someone is bigger than you, you're intentions should not be to kill but merely to prevent further attack.

Oceano said:

You asked me what circumstances would warrant using lethal force to protect a third party from rape.
I gave you some examples.

Oceano said:
Nah, she's looking to win an argument which she can't do because in rnch's situation a deadly blow is in no way justified.

Even by widening the boundaries to include rape where someone is bigger than you, you're intentions should not be to kill but merely to prevent further attack.

I agree. I think she just hates anyone that would rape and wants to see them killed. Anyone with a brain, knows she isn't making good sense and is twisting things. Just like a typical woman. :evil:

biteme said:
I agree. I think she just hates anyone that would rape and wants to see them killed. Anyone with a brain, knows she isn't making good sense and is twisting things. Just like a typical woman. :evil:

No need for low blows. Can't we be civil when talking about beating rapists with baseball bats?

Stefka said:
You asked me what circumstances would warrant using lethal force to protect a third party from rape.
I gave you some examples.

I didn't actually ask you about 'using lethal force' (i.e. a gun) I asked you where killing someone would be 'perfectly acceptable'. There is a discernible difference.

Using weapons capable of killing someone in such circumstances should not be used to kill the attacker but rather with the intention of stopping the attacker. Actually killing the attacker is not imo a 'perfectly acceptable' resolution of the situation.

Ok - to clarify...

I personally would not have any moral qualms about killing someone who was raping me or someone else. No one should be forced to endure rape.

Legally – You need to give a warning before using lethal force. And your aim should be to stop, not kill, the attacker – but that has been very fuzzy in case law.
Think of how a jury would respond to a woman who stabbed (and killed) someone who was raping her, or to a father who shot and killed the man who was raping his daughter.

Top Bottom