Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i just took my boys to a friends house for the night

stilleto said:
to ride dirtbikes. The kids family lives on 30 acres and the house is as far back from the road as possible, so i when i spotted the dirt driveway, i turned.
It was full of holes and giant ditches, dark, with trees hanging over most of it. i drove past a swamp and tons of abandoned cars.

my boys were cracking up and i'm like "WTF is this?" I have their dirtbikes in the back of the pickup truck and i'm SURE i'm going to lose one of them along the road, or hit a cow, which we passed IN the road.

we get up to the house and there is more abandoned cars, some up on blocks, tractors, chickens, cows, and some animals I didn't recognize. The father comes around the corner holding a dead chicken.

at this point, i'm wondering how do i tell my kids (who are 15 and 16 and big boys) that I changed my mind about them staying there. I'm sure they'll be fine, and they both have cell phones and know they can call me anytime and I'll come get them, but ... i hope this family is normal.

I did not know you lived in Arkansas!

stilleto said:
i have a daughter too, but she didn't get home until 9.
so before that, yeah. :)
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYYYY

i live on 6 acres on the top of a mountain... i know.

Im jelous

I grew up in the middle of nowhere. When most go to tropical destinations for their honeymoon my ex-wife and I went camping and hiking in Glacier National park. Most of our vacations were camping and hiking

I love camping, to me there is nothing more relaxing..no tv's.....no phones etc....just peace and quite.

velvett said:
So I guess chicken was on the menu for dinner?

I want to raise chickens, but its the killing part i'd never be able to do.
plus, i couldn't EAT chicken after that.

i called them at around 9 and they were happy and healthy and alive.

stilleto said:
I want to raise chickens, but its the killing part i'd never be able to do.
plus, i couldn't EAT chicken after that.

i called them at around 9 and they were happy and healthy and alive.

Remember the rooster?

He was found dead not too long ago - *sobs* - I haven't been able to get poultry down since.

velvett said:
Remember the rooster?

He was found dead not too long ago - *sobs* - I haven't been able to get poultry down since.

:(
i love chickens and roosters. they really are sweet animals and trainable.
i want to get a few chickens, but unless I build a coop, they won't last and i won't get the eggs.

so i might build a coop. :)

theoak01 said:
it may seem weird and creepy,you just arent use to that way of life

Exactly.
I would venture to say about 90% of the population couldn't survive a week without a grocery store and electricity.

The vehicles are a bit tacky, but I see nothing out of the ordinary from Stiletto's description.

Most of the time, country folk are the friendliest, most helpfull you will ever meet. It's just sad people like to down them for their laid back and self-providing lifestyle.

alien amp pharm said:
Exactly.
I would venture to say about 90% of the population couldn't survive a week without a grocery store and electricity.

The vehicles are a bit tacky, but I see nothing out of the ordinary from Stiletto's description.

Most of the time, country folk are the friendliest, most helpfull you will ever meet. It's just sad people like to down them for their laid back and self-providing lifestyle.

its not where they lived that bothered me. most people around here live fairly secluded and i LOVE being secluded.
it was the abandoned cars, the road so poorly maintained that i wasn't sure if my truck would make it, the dead chicken in the man's hand, and the fact that if something happened, they would be so far from help, AND they'd be riding dirtbikes.
it made me feel better that my boys were together and had cell phones that worked, and that the house that first looked like a glorified shack, was apparently nice inside.

i'm a mom. i worry. its my job.

Top Bottom