Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Bench:

260x1
275x1
285x1
290x0

Back to my old strength on these, could have done more if I wasn't sleep deprived this whole week.

DB Rows

100x6x3sets

CGBP

225x5
225x4
22x2
Keepn mind this is after maxing out

Cable Rows
Face Pulls

great mike glad you're back to strength! Get some rest I feel the same way so tired.....

Dude I know, but if I go to bed right at 10(when we are released from study hours) and woke up at 530 I could get 7 and half at the max. It never works that way either, 11 is a more realistic time seeing as we are never released right at 10 its always after, and before bed I have a bunch of crap I need to do for the next day. I resolve this problem by taking naps during the day. It really sucks though. When do you get up T-B?

I just started a new job at a sawmill. I'm working 4 10 hour shifts a weeks. We start at 5am and the section I'm in we basically pull all sizes of lumber from 2x4 up to 12x20 and at times we have to pull that shit fast. It's a helluva workout. I definitely have found my cardio and bicep's exercise.

So ya, 10 hours of that since lunch doesn't count to the time.

Quit crying.

lol, just giving you a hard time. I remember boot camp and we typically went to sleep around 10:30 to 11 at night and then woke up at 4am. Kinda sucked. I remember at that point in time I wasn't used to only sleeping 5.5-6 hours a night and would dose off during the day sometimes.

You know you're sleep deprived when you dose off while marching for a couple seconds, then wake up and you haven't even gone out of position. Good times.

I just started a new job at a sawmill. I'm working 4 10 hour shifts a weeks. We start at 5am and the section I'm in we basically pull all sizes of lumber from 2x4 up to 12x20 and at times we have to pull that shit fast. It's a helluva workout. I definitely have found my cardio and bicep's exercise.

So ya, 10 hours of that since lunch doesn't count to the time.

Quit crying.

lol, just giving you a hard time. I remember boot camp and we typically went to sleep around 10:30 to 11 at night and then woke up at 4am. Kinda sucked. I remember at that point in time I wasn't used to only sleeping 5.5-6 hours a night and would dose off during the day sometimes.

You know you're sleep deprived when you dose off while marching for a couple seconds, then wake up and you haven't even gone out of position. Good times.

Yeah I would complain sometimes about my job as dining staff at a camp where I lived. Until I heard this one guy's story about his job last summer. Up in canada on a heavy drilling crew 12 hours a day 6 days a week. He talked about his buddy working a 17 hour shift. Shit I never opened my mouth again about my job.

Good times those, I remember my roommate (the lucky bastard) would fall asleep during marchdowns and parades all the time...I never managed to learn that trick but I don't really sleep a lot anyway :/

I'm not complaining cause it sucks, I likee getting up early. The only thing that bothers me is that it inhibits my muscle growth, I could care less about haveing to wake up if I didn't lift weights.

Sleep when your dead.

I'm not complaining cause it sucks, I likee getting up early. The only thing that bothers me is that it inhibits my muscle growth, I could care less about haveing to wake up if I didn't lift weights.

Sleep when your dead.

I like getting up early now too. Makes you feel good when you're running around singing cadences and everyone else is still asleep in their warm beds:D I get up at 5:45 M and W, and 5:00 on Friday's. On Tuesdays and Thursday I dont get up until the late hour of 7:15. But I'm in the only all freshman dorm so it's really hard to get to bed before 12:00 on weeknights. I usually get about 5 hours sleep on morning pt night, going to make some of that up today with a long nap

Sleep is critical. Imho, even people like me or guy with even harder physical labor jobs and that's really saying something probably only need about 6 hours sleep a night to repair and function fine. More is betterm but in my experience in the past 6 was fine so long as 1 condition was met.

FOOD. Lots of FOOD.

Take the supplement Foodall. Eat it all day.

Did I mention food?

With my new job I am literally going to have to gorge myself to just not lose weight.

Today I started off with 5 raw egss drank in the morning plus a glass of milk and an apple. 2.5 hours later I drank 16oz milk plus 2 scoops protein powder and a fig nuton. 2.5 hours later ate a thick cheese sandwhich, 2 packs lunch meat and another apple. 2.5 hours later another protein shake. Right after work another fig nuton. Got home a drank 5 more raw eggs, a glass of milk and an apple. An hour later and I'm getting really hungry. Dinner guarantedd will be in the neighborhood of 1500 calories. And of course I'll have some ice cream for desert.

FOOD is how you get stronger and bigger. If you really want to gain at a sustained and solid rate you have to eat to grow. My new job is like doing moderate cardio all day, but it's not Really heavy lifting so much as sustained movement with moderate muscle use. I know if I eat a cubic assload that this will actually probably help my lifting because I will be in great condition regardless of bodyfat level which will help my workouts.

Of course if I didn't eat enough to gain then it would be a detriment. This is what I have learned over 17 years lifting here and there. Don't expect to gain strength fast or continue to make steady gains for long periods of time if definition is a concern.

I'm not saying this is the only way, but it's what the old timers prescibed and my experience proves them right. That's why they all recommended eating ALOT and lifting on a moderate volume program and focusing on getting stronger. Cuz it works.

I see so many guys concerned about their bodyweight or % fat level and they cut here or there and all this really does it sidetrack or even reverse strength and muscle gain. Then they wonder why a year later they are only benching 20lbs more for reps and I'm benching +50 more.

Food. Eat a shit ton of food and do cardio. Cardio won't burn your muscle down if you aren't doing 6 days a week marathon jogs if A. You are eating enough to gain and B. possibly on anabolics. Combine A and B and there's no fucking chance muscle is gonna be lost, even when cutting which is why enhanced bodybuilders come in so much bigger at contest time.

Cardio is also beneficial because you can gain strength and size while doing it if you eat enough. This is super beneficial both for recovery time between sets. How rapidly your system recovers from the fatiguing effects of a workout and most important it keeps your heart muscle strong while gaining in size which places increased demands on it.

Alot of powerlifters are fairly unhealthy and alot of that has to do with many of them having no interest in cardio. It's like they got some uber heavy duty transmission, but the engine is a 4 banger.

Anyhow, that's my little speech of the week. I just randomly typed this out for benefit. Not as a direct post to you amigo.

Good lifting.

good post. I just want to throw a little fun in here though one of my favorite lifters on youtube came out with a new video:

675x2 deadlift Chris Hickson 18 Y/old

585x7 deadlift 18 y/o

This guy is 6'2 and goes from 195-210 (He's 210 in the videos). When he was 15 he was like 240 and much fatter. Just saying you dont have to be big and fat to be strong

Top Bottom