Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Just thought I had this:

I love showing up to the gym in my youngee gear(flashlight and jackknife tucked into socks), all decked out with my socks motivated( pulled up to my knees), yellow PT shirt tucked into my above knee MMA gym shorts. They make us wear this get up for freshman year, it sucks cause it makes you look like an absolute tool.

But the funny thing is I come into the gym looking like a goof and start pressing and pulling more weight than anyone there. Kids here look at me deadlifting like "what the fuck is he doing?" "why does he have 8 plates?", they dont say these things but I can see it in there eyes haaha. My gym buddy watches me pull 425 with relative ease and is like thats disgusting. I just think its funny coming in as a freshman fag and bitching these kids out on the weights.

Just thought I had this:

I love showing up to the gym in my youngee gear(flashlight and jackknife tucked into socks), all decked out with my socks motivated( pulled up to my knees), yellow PT shirt tucked into my above knee MMA gym shorts. They make us wear this get up for freshman year, it sucks cause it makes you look like an absolute tool.

But the funny thing is I come into the gym looking like a goof and start pressing and pulling more weight than anyone there. Kids here look at me deadlifting like "what the fuck is he doing?" "why does he have 8 plates?", they dont say these things but I can see it in there eyes haaha. My gym buddy watches me pull 425 with relative ease and is like thats disgusting. I just think its funny coming in as a freshman fag and bitching these kids out on the weights.

awesome man that is hilarious dont matter if you look like a tool as long as you are putting up some heavy ass iron

This reminded me of high school. I was a weight room addict. I had weights class, a bench+db setup at home and also worked out after school at the weight room 1-2x a week. Sometimes pop a quick workout during lunch. I was the definition of a gym rat. I also didn't know wtf I was doing and didn't train back or legs lmfao!

The computer class teacher was about 6' tall and had to have weighed 260lbs easily. Bald head, goatee.

I remember the day he came in after school and deadlifted 600x3. I was sitting on an incline bench not 10' from him with a mixture of emotions ranging from wtf is that supposed to do to mild awe because I knew how much fucking weight that was.

LOL, you guys have it made soooooo much more than us guys back then. These message boards didn't exist. Good training books were rare and most of us relied off the bullshit being spewed by the muscle comics.

Good times.

Yeah I've learned so much from these boards. +1 to everyone on here your guys are the best, my lifting has completely changed directions since coming to this board.

Bench:

245x3
260x1
270x1
275x1
285x0

Getting back up to my old strength.

This part is gay though, I can't do heavy DB rows because my left hand is so much stronger than my right, its not my back that gives out but my grip. Hopefully its not permanently going to be weaker.

Bench:

245x3
260x1
270x1
275x1
285x0

Getting back up to my old strength.

This part is gay though, I can't do heavy DB rows because my left hand is so much stronger than my right, its not my back that gives out but my grip. Hopefully its not permanently going to be weaker.

nah no way man it will catch up soon. It might take a little while though

good work bro.... For DB Rows maybe consider starting with the hand with a bad grip and doing as many as you can with a moderately heavy weight... then do the same with the other. DB farmers walks would probably help too

Made the 3 hour trek back from Zoo Mass Amherst last night with my buddy at 3 am. I ended up falling alseep at the wheel on the mass pike going about 80, luckily my friend had just woken up from his nap and woke me up as I was veering off the road, I was going over those little bumps designed to wake you up if you doze off at the wheel, they don't work. Such a close call I am still getting shivers typing about it, if it had been 5 min. early he would have been napping and I would probably be dead. I was tired because I got up at 5 yesterday morning(as usual at MMA) and stayed up till 3 this morning, awake for almost 24 hours. I need to get smart.

Anywho, I was crazy to think I could hit the gym today, I didnt even get to do working set of front squats before I said F it. I am just too tired, so I did abs and left, I can't remember the last time I had such a bad workout.

Read my post about changing lifting style.

Top Bottom