Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Of course you don't have to be big and fat to be strong. That's pretty obvious.

If you're like many guys you're constantly concerned with your bodyfat% then you likely will not eat enough to drive heavy gains or consistent gains in strength for prolonged periods of time. That is my point. Show me 2 identical lifters in all respects and have 1 eat barely above maintenance level and the other eat alot and that guy will gain faster and more consistently over a longer period of time.

Those are some good deadlifts from that guy. You should note he is perfectly built for deadlifting. Long legs, short torso, really long arms. I bet his squat and bench and shoulder press are nowhere even close to those numbers. That guy is built almost the same as the guy I mentioned who wanted a lifetime pr of 225 on bench.

If he was fat at 6'2" and 240, then his physical genetics suck balls. I would call that guy a pet lifter. He's superbly built for deadlifts and has worked hard at them, but that's about it I would bet. If he can bench 315 I would be impressed with his build.

P.S. I just watched a couple of his different vids. He appears to be an athlete so he definitely has good athleticism. His deadlifting ability is impressive, but I see a 380 squat which is a joke by comparison and a couple vids of him essentially calling a 225 overhead mini-jerk with knee drive and dip shoulder presses lol.

Pretty impressive kid overall I will admit.

Of course you don't have to be big and fat to be strong. That's pretty obvious.

If you're like many guys you're constantly concerned with your bodyfat% then you likely will not eat enough to drive heavy gains or consistent gains in strength for prolonged periods of time. That is my point. Show me 2 identical lifters in all respects and have 1 eat barely above maintenance level and the other eat alot and that guy will gain faster and more consistently over a longer period of time.

Those are some good deadlifts from that guy. You should note he is perfectly built for deadlifting. Long legs, short torso, really long arms. I bet his squat and bench and shoulder press are nowhere even close to those numbers. That guy is built almost the same as the guy I mentioned who wanted a lifetime pr of 225 on bench.

If he was fat at 6'2" and 240, then his physical genetics suck balls. I would call that guy a pet lifter. He's superbly built for deadlifts and has worked hard at them, but that's about it I would bet. If he can bench 315 I would be impressed with his build.

P.S. I just watched a couple of his different vids. He appears to be an athlete so he definitely has good athleticism. His deadlifting ability is impressive, but I see a 380 squat which is a joke by comparison and a couple vids of him essentially calling a 225 overhead mini-jerk with knee drive and dip shoulder presses lol.

Pretty impressive kid overall I will admit.

Lol that's kind of a ridiculous quote, I mean I can literally take down everyone's lifts in the world with that logic. Even though he has a good build for deadlifting at 18 years old his deadlift is insanely impressive in my opinion. I mean 675x2? That puts him in the top 1% of the world not even looking at his bodyweight, for bodyweight and height there's not many guys at any age that could do that. In those videos you speak of he calls them "overhead" he never calls them shoulder presses. And he has benched 300, not bad for 18 200 pounds

Here's one of his newest videos it's not perfectly strict but still impressive imo:

I do wholeheartedly agree with your food idea though when I was eating everything that wasnt nailed down (and the stuff that was nailed down I used a claw hammer to pull the nails out :D) I made fantastic gains especially on deadlift, i was making as easy 5 pounds a week. I dont care that much about fat, I'd just prefer to not get over 15%.

That press was much better. He used a teeny bit of knee drive which helps when it's sitting on your clavicles.

Considering he just pressed his bodyweight or slightly more that's a very solid intermediate level of strength especially if he is an athlete first, lifter second.

His deadlift is amazing. I don't think you quite understand yet how physical structure and not just strength alone dictates how strong a deadlifter you can be. Some people genetically have spinal erectors like tree trunks despite not having the best leverages for the lift and others have perfect levers for the lift which is what I am saying he has.

That doesn't mean the lift isn't impressive. Comparing it to a semi-strict overhead press the numbers are hugely out of wack which further supports what I said about his build.

I'm not discrediting the deadlift nor do I think this kid is weak by any means. I'm just not impressed by one lift wonders. Now if he could squat 500+ and bench +375 to go with it then he would really impress me because he would have a great balance of strength throughout his whole body. Not that his press isn't very good considering his height and body weight.

He doesn't carry much muscle mass from what I can see so it's clear he either A. trains primarily for low rep strength and/or B. doesn't eat enough to support a larger muscle size.

My quote was a little off because his shoulders aren't as narrow as I originally thought watching the video a second time.

You seem to assume what I said was incorrect when it's not. I've been around alot of lifters. I've seen some feats of strength from young guys that would blow away those 2 videos.

In fact, I'll list the 2 that stand out the most to me.

1996. High school weight room. I was 16 at the time. This Tongan kid was 5'10" and around 260lbs of solid. Possibly the most brick like built person I have "ever" seen and dude, there were quite a few Samoans and Tongan's in my neighborhood.

He was coaxed into testing his strength in the gym after school one day. As far as I know he had never seriously lifted before. I'm sure he had benched a few times and maybe done a couple squats, but he was no regular lifter.

I watched him in the span of about 10 minutes bench 405x5 perfect reps. This wasn't to failure. He casually racked it. Then he squatted 500x5 all the way down raw. Again this was nowhere near max effort.

2002. I worked for a nursery with a bulkyard. I became friends with the guy that trained me and we went to the gym 2 times. He was lazy and hardly ever worked out. Maybe 1-2 times a month half assed.

Guy was 5'10" 215 and looked like Casey Viator physically. guy had probably 8-10% bodyfat, really wide shoulders, tiny waist, excellent muscle shape in every muscle. His arms at the time were 18.5" cold. I coax him into actually trying in the gym and he seated db presses without a back rest 85's x13. Then I ask to see what he can squat. He does a very close stance old school bodybuilding style squat. All the way down. I can't even get all the way down with that close of a stance and zero toe flare. He does 225 a couple times like it weights nothing. Then he does 315 like it was literally weightless. I mean almost zero visible effort with this difficult stance. I coax him to try 400, but he doesn't want to do it without a belt which we didn't have.

Then he deadlifts. 465 and again he doesn't want to go higher without a belt. I'm guessing he coulda pulled 500-525 pounds that day.

At a later point in time he told me how he played football in high school when he weighed 165lbs. He squatted 550lbs, deadlifted 625 and benched 365 at 165lbs and 16 years old... ... ...he had the high school records to prove it.

These are 2 genetic super freaks that literally never trained that could do this. This impresses me.

That kid is in great shape, can dunk and deadlift a shit ton so all around he's pretty damn impressive, but compared to what I have seen he's practically nothing. Those are the 2 most impressive recollections I have, but I have a few others like this 180lbs construction guy picking up 4 80lbs bags of gravel at once and walking them from the front of the house to the back. A good 150 feet easy.

Back when I worked as a heavy equipment operator I picked up some pretty impressive shit, but one guy I knew could actually stand against a mid-size excavator bucket and keep it from moving at full power for a few seconds. He was a huge black guy and it was the articulation of the arm and not the entire machine trying to move, but that is one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I watched that guy throw an 80lbs cinderblock or whatever they weigh about 50 feet one time.

To this day I think the strongest people on the planet will never be recognized because they don't have a passion for lifting and so don't become known or develop strength to rival the known dedicated lifters.

Anyhow, there's a nice story for you.

That press was much better. He used a teeny bit of knee drive which helps when it's sitting on your clavicles.

Considering he just pressed his bodyweight or slightly more that's a very solid intermediate level of strength especially if he is an athlete first, lifter second.

His deadlift is amazing. I don't think you quite understand yet how physical structure and not just strength alone dictates how strong a deadlifter you can be. Some people genetically have spinal erectors like tree trunks despite not having the best leverages for the lift and others have perfect levers for the lift which is what I am saying he has.

That doesn't mean the lift isn't impressive. Comparing it to a semi-strict overhead press the numbers are hugely out of wack which further supports what I said about his build.

I'm not discrediting the deadlift nor do I think this kid is weak by any means. I'm just not impressed by one lift wonders. Now if he could squat 500+ and bench +375 to go with it then he would really impress me because he would have a great balance of strength throughout his whole body. Not that his press isn't very good considering his height and body weight.

He doesn't carry much muscle mass from what I can see so it's clear he either A. trains primarily for low rep strength and/or B. doesn't eat enough to support a larger muscle size.

My quote was a little off because his shoulders aren't as narrow as I originally thought watching the video a second time.

You seem to assume what I said was incorrect when it's not. I've been around alot of lifters. I've seen some feats of strength from young guys that would blow away those 2 videos.

In fact, I'll list the 2 that stand out the most to me.

1996. High school weight room. I was 16 at the time. This Tongan kid was 5'10" and around 260lbs of solid. Possibly the most brick like built person I have "ever" seen and dude, there were quite a few Samoans and Tongan's in my neighborhood.

He was coaxed into testing his strength in the gym after school one day. As far as I know he had never seriously lifted before. I'm sure he had benched a few times and maybe done a couple squats, but he was no regular lifter.

I watched him in the span of about 10 minutes bench 405x5 perfect reps. This wasn't to failure. He casually racked it. Then he squatted 500x5 all the way down raw. Again this was nowhere near max effort.

2002. I worked for a nursery with a bulkyard. I became friends with the guy that trained me and we went to the gym 2 times. He was lazy and hardly ever worked out. Maybe 1-2 times a month half assed.

Guy was 5'10" 215 and looked like Casey Viator physically. guy had probably 8-10% bodyfat, really wide shoulders, tiny waist, excellent muscle shape in every muscle. His arms at the time were 18.5" cold. I coax him into actually trying in the gym and he seated db presses without a back rest 85's x13. Then I ask to see what he can squat. He does a very close stance old school bodybuilding style squat. All the way down. I can't even get all the way down with that close of a stance and zero toe flare. He does 225 a couple times like it weights nothing. Then he does 315 like it was literally weightless. I mean almost zero visible effort with this difficult stance. I coax him to try 400, but he doesn't want to do it without a belt which we didn't have.

Then he deadlifts. 465 and again he doesn't want to go higher without a belt. I'm guessing he coulda pulled 500-525 pounds that day.

At a later point in time he told me how he played football in high school when he weighed 165lbs. He squatted 550lbs, deadlifted 625 and benched 365 at 165lbs and 16 years old... ... ...he had the high school records to prove it.

These are 2 genetic super freaks that literally never trained that could do this. This impresses me.

That kid is in great shape, can dunk and deadlift a shit ton so all around he's pretty damn impressive, but compared to what I have seen he's practically nothing. Those are the 2 most impressive recollections I have, but I have a few others like this 180lbs construction guy picking up 4 80lbs bags of gravel at once and walking them from the front of the house to the back. A good 150 feet easy.

Back when I worked as a heavy equipment operator I picked up some pretty impressive shit, but one guy I knew could actually stand against a mid-size excavator bucket and keep it from moving at full power for a few seconds. He was a huge black guy and it was the articulation of the arm and not the entire machine trying to move, but that is one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I watched that guy throw an 80lbs cinderblock or whatever they weigh about 50 feet one time.

To this day I think the strongest people on the planet will never be recognized because they don't have a passion for lifting and so don't become known or develop strength to rival the known dedicated lifters.

Anyhow, there's a nice story for you.

wow. I remember you talking about that tongan kid before 405x5 with hardly any training is ridiculous! Those lifts of the nursery guy at 165 are outfuckingrageous man. It's just sad to see people so gifted never use it know what I mean? Still in my opinion it's hard to say a 675x2 deadlift at 18 210 is practically nothing...but anyway thats besides the point lol

Got drunk last night, woke up with a rugged hangover. Naturally today was a sht workout.

Floor Press: 250/3, 250/2

Really wanted to go 3,3,2 on these so I kinda just gave up after this, did a set of dips with a 45 attached and called it a day. I'm not going to waste my time performing at my sub maximum because I will accomplish nothing.

I am thinking of starting up the 5/3/1 this week, hopefullyI can make some solid gains although I know the philosphy behind it is slow steady gains.

I think you will be surprised with 5-3-1.

If you are training hard, sleeping and eating enough then you should add 5lbs to the bench and press and 10lbs to the squat and dead every 4-5 weeks.

That is not slow progress at all.

6 months from now you'd be benching 30lbs more for reps and squatting 60 more.

Plus, the main lifts are what are important. Say you are hungover again. Well you can do the main lift hard and then just leave. That's the I ain't doing jack shit option. Then there is the other assistance plans.

I started a new job on Tuesday and it's the most physically demanding job I have done and that's really saying something. That said I haven't trained all week because it's week 4 deload and I am ready to get back into the gym.

I was ready for the deload week though when it came.

5-3-1 is alot harder than it appears if you are really pushing hard on your main set each workout. I chose to do 2 assistance exercises after each main lift and I hit those exercises very hard as well and week 4 came around and I was like sweet.

The program seems to drive you to train hard because A. you know that main set is the most important. Almost feels like the hit mentality with that top set except you stop just shy of failure and B. the weights ramp up each week and you know week 3 is the last workout for 2 weeks essentially so you push really hard.

Thanks man, yeah it looks like a solid program on the ebook. Yeah I wasn't by any means saying adding 5lbs. on your lifts for a couple of weeks is small, I'll definitely take that.

For your assistance do you use Boring but Big? And yeah I realize the overwhelming importance of the miajn lifts which is why I still tried to get at least a second set in for my floor press.

I hate my life.

Today was my first day of 5/3/1, I had deadlift. Lo and behold the squat/deadlift room is closed because they are redoing it, they gave us no information pertaining as to why it was closed and no information of when it will be opening.

I did some sht sets of 225 on bench, did abs and left. This school kills me.

I hate my life.

Today was my first day of 5/3/1, I had deadlift. Lo and behold the squat/deadlift room is closed because they are redoing it, they gave us no information pertaining as to why it was closed and no information of when it will be opening.

I did some sht sets of 225 on bench, did abs and left. This school kills me.

I know you want a job when you leave college, but why not go to a party school with hot girls and do rotc? You could do nay or air farce if that's your thing. It kind sounds like mma is sucking....or do you like it you just want to do a little bitching lol? :)

Top Bottom