Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Wow I hope your joking, like I can't tell. Do you honestly think I can only crush 35 push ups? My strategy is to hit 50 in 1 minute, rest for 20 seconds and then finish the 30 remaining.

I was joking man!! That's what the "you'll pass the minimum you bastard" wad for. But in all honesty I dont think you will be able to do 80 pushups solid in 2 minutes. I think I could maybe do 70 or so in 2 minutes, and I've practiced a good amount and you are heavier man. Test yourself once before you go, video it if you can to make sure you have good form, you could video it at home.

So tomorow morning I get up and begin my 2 week orientation at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. I will be out of contact for the next two weeks and probably wont being doing any lifting, although I will be doing rigorous physical training every day. I won't even have my cell phone for these 2 weeks.

Boys I will get back to this board when I can. It'd be great if you guys could keep my log from fading away into oblivion haha. See Ya'll in two weeks, I'll be a new man.

So tomorow morning I get up and begin my 2 week orientation at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. I will be out of contact for the next two weeks and probably wont being doing any lifting, although I will be doing rigorous physical training every day. I won't even have my cell phone for these 2 weeks.

Boys I will get back to this board when I can. It'd be great if you guys could keep my log from fading away into oblivion haha. See Ya'll in two weeks, I'll be a new man.

man up and do some puking mike! I'm serious impress all those little academies and get in there. Start screaming and shit during the pt, scare the shit outta everyone! Then run super-fast during your runs, puke all over the place and start yelling GET SOME at the tip of your lungs. They'll be scared shitless haha. Good luck mike I seriously wish I had a college like that that focuses in practical stuff have fun man!

Back.. Hardest two weeks of my life. I breezed through the PT with 70 push ups and a 7 minute mile. This was the most difficult experience of my life, it was psychologically draining, every morning awakening at 430, doing PT, taking a 10 second shower and marching all day. Not able to to look at anyone or speak to anyone but your officers. 15% of my company dropper out.

Body weight is at 190lbs. I lost around 5 lbs. legts see where My strength is at tomorow. I would in clude more about my boot camp in this post but I am exhausted and am going to bed, peace.

sounds like a fun experience :evil: I'll be waking up at 0600 3 days a week for 4 years of college so dont feel alone. Cant wait to hear more man. BTW, lmao at a 7 minute mile breezing through the pt. I guess all you needed was 8 but 7 is still slow

Just got home, pretty drunk...

Today i couldnt get 405 on the squat so I repped out 375.

I was repping 225 on the bench,

I have definitely gotten weaker but my strength will definitely shoot back up to normal in the next week. Losing strength sucks but now that boot camp is over I can actually start lifting normally.

Just got home, pretty drunk...

Today i couldnt get 405 on the squat so I repped out 375.

I was repping 225 on the bench,

I have definitely gotten weaker but my strength will definitely shoot back up to normal in the next week. Losing strength sucks but now that boot camp is over I can actually start lifting normally.

man your squatting strength still impresses me man for real......repping out 375 is awesome let alone when you were at 405!! If I had that same leg strength with my ratios I'd probably be deading 550 for a couple reps. So I wanna hear more man was it lots of running or what did people puke lol??? Did you get shin splints? How ere you on pushups and situps? And how was their grading system? Spill man spill! :biggrin:

Haha might as well get this out of the way now.

Like I said the PT was a breeze, every day they would just have us do shit like jumping jacks, sit ups, 8 second body builders, supermans and mountain climbers. All body weight stuff, 2 sets of 30 push ups, than after all that crap they would run us for 3 miles, we would run in formation so it was a very slow 3 miles, we would be forced to yell cadances(military running songs) the whole time, thats what sucked about the running. On the first day they tested out mile time, I got 7 minutes which is three minutes faster than the min. requirment. I know its not a good time but I consider it breezing through the PT cause I did it without too much of a struggle, sorry I can't run a 6 min. like the cardio king T-Block.

As I said earlier the PT was not what made this place so difficult, it was 10% physically draining, 90% mentally. Your deprived of sleep, 5 hours every night if your lucky, to the point that at the second week whenever you sit down, especially after meals, you have to fight off falling alseep. You can't look around or speak, I stared at the back of the kid's head in front of me during formnations for a week before I even knew what his face looked like, I knew the freckles on the back of his head better than his face.

They have complete control over you for 16 hours a day, you are always supervised. The time you have to yourself is when you are laying in bed, even then you have about 10 seconds before you fall asleep. That is the way they wanted it, they did not want you to have any time to yourself. All this crap combined with sleep deprivation just kills your morale, and breaks you down. There are so many other pointless things they had us do that I don't feel like listing.

When I just describe it to you guys through words, it simply sounds like it sucked, you cant truly grasp how bad it is unless you are the one waking up at 430 in a foreign place to screaming and whistles. Your paranoid to sleep because your worried about them waking you up. I woke up 2-3 times each night because my body was expecting to get woken any second by them screaming and banging on our doors. My point being this was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I haven't really had a pampered or sheltered lifestyle either.

10 kids dropped out of my company, imagine what it takes to make a kid drop out of college in a mere two weeks. They only had to make it two weeks and they opted to drop out of college rather than suck it up and finish the two weeks,

Did I forget to mention this was also the most rewarding experience I have ever had. After doing this everything else, from focusing on school work to keeping my room clean, is second nature. This will be a challenging four years, but I got the hardest part out of they way.

So there you go guys. My past two weeks.

Top Bottom