Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Back Squat

1x5 135
1x5 225
1x5 275
1x3 315
1x3 365
1x2 405

So I went into these planning on doing a 20 rep squat of 275. Thing is I noticed something was different when I was doing 225, and then when I was doing 275 it became clear, I realized my squat had gotten hella strong. Thats when I said f*** it I'm finding my new max, ideally I wanted to get 405x3 but I'll take the two reps happily.

Just like the floor press, the Front squat helped ingrain the principle that variation in weightlifting if essential for progress. I actually got significantly stronger since I had broken my hand, which to me is flat out shocking.

I guess the big question is how much my bench has fallen behind, although i can't see it being too low considering that I have gained strength on my squat.

Great stuff its days like this that remind me why we do what we do.

Damn man great work on squats! Damn I'm pissed doing all this running and shit....hard to fit in the lifting

Thanks for the support bros, and T-Block props to you for having the motivation to run. It'll hinder your ability to make muscle gains but I can see that for where you want to go with your career its the right thing for you to be doing.

For Squats I was thinking of doing a 20 rep Squat cycle but now I'm having second thoughts. With my front squat I just increased a rep or two each workout but since I was using such a heavy weight with low reps each rep I added really counted.

Should I start trying to work with 405 on squats and just do mad heavy reps like I did with front squats. I think I can flesh out some serious gains on these since I have'nt done them for a month.

So basically tewnty rep squat cycle vs. Single double ands triples reps with progressively heavy weight

All and any input appreciated.

go for the heavy doubles and trips man! Get that squat to 450!

oh and speaking of running, check my log I got pictures of me next to my puke from yesterday's run:evil: I look like shit though haha hard work will do that to you

Last edited:
I agree with Tblock, but be careful if you're going to be going for near max attempts every workout. If it worked this well for front squats, keep at it with back squats man

I would say do both Front and Back Squats in that order. Or perhaps do Fronts on DL day after Deadlifts and then focus on Back Squats on Squat Day. You can go heavy on both days.

For progression, I'd say do not do the 20 rep squat cycle...why the heck would you even want that unless a 20 rep squat is YOUR goal.

So....I think sticking with SDT Type Progression would be good for you for both lifts.

Bench press
205x6

pull ups
5 sets, the most I could do was 10

push ups
these were fine

FUCK MY LIFE.

like 10 pulls ups, are you f'in joking. looks like no upper body really took a toll on me. T-Block You have me on the bench now.. I'm going to go hang myself, later bros.

Bench press
205x6

pull ups
5 sets, the most I could do was 10

push ups
these were fine

FUCK MY LIFE.

like 10 pulls ups, are you f'in joking. looks like no upper body really took a toll on me. T-Block You have me on the bench now.. I'm going to go hang myself, later bros.

Alright sweet we got rid of mike! Now I'm the breadwinner on ef hahahhahaha! JK lol mike it'll come back quick trust me. I'm in the same boat.....I keep losing strength, getting it back, then losing it again, never gaining. I did do 255x1 yesterday so at least I can put that up anytime

I am not to worried I am a firm believer is muscle memory, my norm strength should be back within two weeks. for me its more of a question of what I should be doing during that two weeks because my hand isn't healed enough for a full fledged bench.

Top Bottom