Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

nusing a bad hangover, not sure I recovered from yesterdays workout cause I only got like 5 hours of sleep. T-Block what exactly did you hear about protein not synthesizing if alcohol is in your body? Like if you go out drinking the night after you lift will your muscles not get the protein, I dont understand why that would happen from alcohol.

not with just a hangover man. It's because your body works on synthesizing the alcohol and ignores the protein (I think). So If you drank 10 beers and most people's bodies can proccess 1 drink an hour, then within 10 hours you'd be back to normal.

Your memory fails you..

Lower 2

OH Squats

115x3 repsx3 sets

These felt good, I still feel like I should be going lower though. This is where the mobility drills come in I'm assuming. So whats my next step for this exercise.

You should be using a simple broomstick. Did you read the articles I linked? Look at what Ark is doing. He's working on progression with the Deep squat, etc.

Here is the link:

Tweaking the Overhead Squat: Dislocates, Reaching Back, Grip Width and Mobility Drills - Ground Up Strength

Front Squats

190x5
215x3
235x2
245x1

Add reps somewhere. It's slow and steady progression. As long as you are able to adjust to lifting heavy weights with these that will help!

Back Squats

225x5
295x3
325x2
335x1

Same here. but remember the rules: you cannot lower the weight on the bar. So after 245 on Front Squats you cannot take 225 for Back Squats. The bar never gets lighter.

Total workout: 1 hour

Remember to rest. You should rest for 5+ minutes on some of this stuff. Don't rush it.

I've commented in BILD big guy!

Will do Andy

However for the progression on back and front squats you said pyramid down with the rep scheme 5-3-2-1 while adding weight. How should I be adding reps to this, could I get a quick example. I'll chill on the OH squats and give that article another read.

Upper 2

OH Press

150x5x2sets
145x5x3 sets

increased density:cool: from last week.

Weight Pull Ups

45x3x5
55x1
55x1
45x2

Going to try to go for heavier singles next week.

Unilateral Press

65x6x1
60x6x2

Next week I will bring my 2.5 lbs. magnet to the gym so I can keep adding weight, however small.

BW Pull ups

My pull up strength was dead at this point.

Good stuff.

Got in a fight last night and broke my knuckle, boxer's fracture. I am clueless as to what i need to be doing to keep myself from losing gains, this fckn sucks. its expected to recover in 3 weeks, any ideas Andy?

And yes, I fcked him up.

Last edited:
Got in a fight last night and broke my knuckle, boxer's fracture. I am clueless as to what i need to be doing to keep myself from losing gains, this fckn sucks. its expected to recover in 3 weeks, any ideas Andy?

And yes, I fcked him up.

Just when I was about to ask lol! How badly did you fuck him up though? Details now man! But seriously man I am pissed for you I hate losing strength I would go find that guy when my knuckle got better again :evil: So you can't use your hand at all? I would basically do anything you can do without using that hand:

leg press
squats holding the bar with your okay hand
1 hand deadlifts

If you need some inpiration here you go man:

1 armed squats 250 kgs

No armed squats 275 kgs

In my opinion I would make squats the centerpiece of my routine for the next 3 weeks. Also, when I got better again I would do knuckle pushups with like 100 pounds on my back and I would do tons of kunckle conditioning stuff like punching hard shit and all that so the next time I fucked the guy up without hurting my knuckles

BTW, happy 4th mike!

Andalite: I was wondering do you think unilateral upper body work with his uninjured hand is a good idea or do you think that would develop too bad of a strength imbalance?

I am typing with one hand so my responses will be a little short.

Andalite, I remembering reading that even if you only lift with one arm your injured arm will still grow with it, just not nearly as much. But is there anything i can do to atleast maintain my strength until i can hold a bar again? Even if I do get an imbalance my arm will catch up to the rest of my body pretty quick, it wont have a choice..

ill try the one handed deads and squats tomm.

And yeah its not that I suck at punching its just that by the end of the fight i was bashin his skull because he was face down in the sand, shoulda gone for the choke..

Top Bottom