Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Bench Press- QVT
155x2
160x1
165x2
170x1
175x1
180x1
180x1

Tried to do a second rep on 180 and failed, I have no idea how I should be progressing on these.

Thats easy.

I just did the math on this. Your average weight used per rep was 167.222 lbs.

SO, next week, aim to beat that average. So most of your high rep stuff should be above 165 lbs.

160 x 1
165 x 3
170 x 3
170 x 3
175 x 2
180 x 1

Average Weight used = 169.615 lbs but you'll be doing 13 reps total versus 9 reps this week. So it's great progression. This is what you should aim for.

DB Rows
105x5
105x4
105x4
105x4
105x3

Good stuff. Reduce the sets to 4 sets. The total reps you did this time were 20. So next week try to do 4 sets of 5 reps. If you can, do 20 reps in 3 sets...so that would be roughly 3 sets of 6 reps which is okay because you'd still be increasing the density by a LOT.

CGBP
225x4
220x4
220x3
220x3

Do 3 sets with 220 for reps next time. Beat the total reps of 14 reps.

Cable Rows
140x11
140x8
130x9
130x8

Try to get 12 reps on 140 and 9+ reps on all the 130s...

Face Pulls
60x20
70x20

Decent stuff! :)

Upper 1

Bench Press- QVT

155x2
160x1
165x2
170x1
175x1
180x1
180x1

Tried to do a second rep on 180 and failed, I have no idea how I should be progressing on these.

DB Rows

105x5
105x4
105x4
105x4
105x3

CGBP

225x4
220x4
220x3
220x3

Cable Rows

140x11
140x8
130x9
130x8

Face Pulls
60x20
70x20

WTF man? You failed your second rep of 180 on bench? Are you kidding or something?

Yeah T-Block I got mad weak dude... I dont know what happened.

Haha just kidding I meant to put a 2 in front of all those numbers. I have a confession though...

My friends and I decided to weight the bars and weights at my house that I used to bench 300. They weights I used were all legit but the bar which claimed to be OLY sized was fckin 38.8 lbs. Needless to say I am heated right now, this means my bench sits at around 292 lbs. T-Block, competetion is still on brotha.

And this may be why my QTV has been difficult, should I just go for the numbers you recommended Andy or should I scale them all back 5 lbs?

Also could you give me some definitions of the terms you use:

Volume
Worload
Density

and the other nifty terms you use.

Yeah T-Block I got mad weak dude... I dont know what happened.

was that military press? Oh I just saw your post haha. It's still on then negro! BTW, we weighed my shit at the gym one time and it said the bar with the 45's on it was only 132, not 135. But I attribute that to the scale because I've been at other gyms and they all feel the same weight to me

lol read my last post, I edited it.
yeah i did haha! BTW, I've been wondering how did you decide to do that maritime acadmey thing? Did you just always love the ocean or what? What do you want to do with that too? Also for competition sake you should make a video of a paused bench press max. I dont care if you count your weights as lighter or not you can count them as full weight just do a full 1-2 sec pause

yeah i did haha! BTW, I've been wondering how did you decide to do that maritime acadmey thing? Did you just always love the ocean or what? What do you want to do with that too? Also for competition sake you should make a video of a paused bench press max. I dont care if you count your weights as lighter or not you can count them as full weight just do a full 1-2 sec pause

Definitely, do you know roughly how much harder it is if you add a pause?

As for Mass Maritime...

It used to be a school geared solely towards those who wished to pursuse careers involved with the merchant marine industry. However it has greatly expanded and you can for the most part enter any field with a degree from MMA and get a job, it has 100% job placement for graduees.

I actually dont like the ocean any more then the next guy and could not imagine myself spending my life working on a boat. Instead I am looking more towards Marine safety and Enviromental Protection, and example of where this field plays a role would be in the whole BP oil spill situation. So many regulations were broken or bypassed in this scandal that many people dont know about. Basically I am trying to enter an industry that is booming and will be booming in 5 years, enviromental protection will only get bigger as the world is forced to go green.

Definitely, do you know roughly how much harder it is if you add a pause?

As for Mass Maritime...

It used to be a school geared solely towards those who wished to pursuse careers involved with the merchant marine industry. However it has greatly expanded and you can for the most part enter any field with a degree from MMA and get a job, it has 100% job placement for graduees.

I actually dont like the ocean any more then the next guy and could not imagine myself spending my life working on a boat. Instead I am looking more towards Marine safety and Enviromental Protection, and example of where this field plays a role would be in the whole BP oil spill situation. So many regulations were broken or bypassed in this scandal that many people dont know about. Basically I am trying to enter an industry that is booming and will be booming in 5 years, enviromental protection will only get bigger as the world is forced to go green.

For the pause it really depends on the person....anywhere form 10-30 pounds dropped. I think I usually lose 10 pounds or so. It all depends on how much you are using stretch reflex to you advantage. Do it son!

And this may be why my QTV has been difficult, should I just go for the numbers you recommended Andy or should I scale them all back 5 lbs?

Perhaps.....scale them back by 5 lbs if you feel more comfortable. Though you did fine on Deadlifts so I don't get why you're going on about this optimal weight topic. If you're progressing at a heavier weight then whats the problem?

Also could you give me some definitions of the terms you use:

Volume
Worload
Density

and the other nifty terms you use.

Lets say you did

Deadlifts: 200 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets

Volume = Sets x Reps = 3 x 5 = 15 reps

Workload = Weight x Sets x Reps = 200 x 5 x 3 = 3000 lbs

Density is a bit complicated.

It is basically the workload you did in a given time frame. Because it is difficult to actually measure the time frame, we measure it in terms of volume.

So, Density here = 3000 / 15 = 200 lbs being the average weight you moved.

If lets say you did:

Deadlifts: 200 x 5 x 2, 300 x 5 x 2, 400 x 5 x 2

Volume = (5 x 2) + (5 x 2) + (5 x 2) = 30 reps

Workload = (200x5x2) + (300x5x2) + (400x5x2) = 2000 + 3000 + 4000 = 9000 lbs

Density = 9000 / 30 = 300 lbs per set

However, here is how Density is used.

Say in Session 1 you did Deadlifts:
200 x 2
205 x 2
215 x 2
225 x 2

Next week, to increase density you would need to get more work done within this time frame. We assume all rest intervals to be roughly the same week in and week out. I know you're getting used to the program so its ok if they fluctuate a little bit now but in the long run they will settle down.

So, Session 2 in terms of increasing density would be:
200 x 3
215 x 2
215 x 2
235 x 3
You added reps and weight but kept the overall sets the same therefore maintaining somewhat of a similar time frame.

I hope this makes sense to you...

So basically as long as I maintain the same number of sets and then add reps and/or weight I am increasing desnity or work done in a given period of time?

Top Bottom