Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

nice work mike those are some weak ass pullups if you ask me though:D I'm gonna try some heavier pullups soon cause I was just thinking I lost over 5 pounds I bet they will be easy lol

Hey man I try my best haha. What weight do you usually do for a set on on pull ups?

O yeah, pull ups are overhand right?

Well when I was weighing 195 a while back I did 55x3 solid reps, not sure what I could do now. And yes, I would do overhand grip. However if I were you I would do 2 bodyweight sets with underhand grip

Pullups: overhand grip
chinups: underhand grp

Lower 1

I decided to lift after lifeguarding as opposed to before it in the morning. Bad idea my workout was fcked because of it, I'm not one to make excuses but standing out in the sun in 90 degress for 7 hours and then go and try to pull heavy weight it downright retarded. fml.

Deadlift

380x 2 repsx 6 sets

I could barely get the bar off the ground for the 7th set, Andalite I can honestly tell you this happened because of lifeguarding draining me. Should I repeat this day again next week? Should I try to do 370x 3 repsx 6 sets instead? I am kind of leaning towards this option because I would rather work with a weight I know I can get for good form, 370 is approx. 88% of my 1RM, is that to low?

Once again to reiterate I was not in a good composure to train today that is why my lifting suffer, under better conditions I believe I would have gotten the weight..

Didnt even do front squats because I knew those would surely be fcked up.

Only positive thing is I know I'll still be sore tomorow.

Last edited:
Lower 1

I decided to lift after lifeguarding as opposed to before it in the morning. Bad idea my workout was fcked because of it, I'm not one to make excuses but standing out in the sun in 90 degress for 7 hours and then go and try to pull heavy weight it downright retarded. fml.

Deadlift

380x 2 repsx 6 sets

I could barely get the bar off the ground for the 7th set, Andalite I can honestly tell you this happened because of lifeguarding draining me. Should I repeat this day again next week? Should I try to do 370x 3 repsx 6 sets instead? I am kind of leaning towards this option because I would rather work with a weight I know I can get for good form, 370 is approx. 88% of my 1RM, is that to low?

Once again to reiterate I was not in a good composure to train today that is why my lifting suffer, under better conditions I believe I would have gotten the weight..

Didnt even do front squats because I knew those would surely be fcked up.

Only positive thing is I know I'll still be sore tomorow.

Sorry about the bad workout man it happens. I read your log entry and decided not to workout myself, I worked 8 hours today really hard shifts in the dining room and my legs wer sore lol I knew I would have a bad workout so I skipped it, gonna eat a huge burrito right now:evil:

What did you take lat week?

88% is fine. But the GOAL is to keep the WEIGHT CONSTANT for all 3 weeks.

I just checked. You started with 380. You have to stick with it no matter what now.

Plus...you did fine. You got 6 sets. The second session was for 6-8 doubles.

NExt week it's 5-7 triples.

You'll be fine :)

What did you take lat week?

88% is fine. But the GOAL is to keep the WEIGHT CONSTANT for all 3 weeks.

I just checked. You started with 380. You have to stick with it no matter what now.

Plus...you did fine. You got 6 sets. The second session was for 6-8 doubles.

NExt week it's 5-7 triples.

You'll be fine :)

Yeah I'll be ready to rock, I guess I'll start lifting in the morning on days I have lifeguarding.

Do you have any suggestions for lifting in the morning?
Will I be weakened because I have been fasting for 8 or so hours?
If I eat a solid breakfast will I be good to go?
Should I set an alarm for the middle of the night and chug a protein shake and then go right back to sleep?

Yeah I'll be ready to rock, I guess I'll start lifting in the morning on days I have lifeguarding.

Do you have any suggestions for lifting in the morning?
Will I be weakened because I have been fasting for 8 or so hours?
If I eat a solid breakfast will I be good to go?
Should I set an alarm for the middle of the night and chug a protein shake and then go right back to sleep?

I might pitch in some thoughts here.

Some people really like to lift in the morning Mike. They feel they have more energy than they would at night.

For me, atleast the last time i attempted working out in the morning i did not like it at all. I was basically exhausted, and i have one of the biggest breakfasts ever every day, and there was still no difference.
I find later on during the day, you have eaten more, more calories, more carbs and you have more energy to burn during the workout.

Also i wouldn't really suggest going empty stomach if your still going for mass and strength. Have a good solid breakfast, and try it out. No hurt in trying it out, some people are different so you may really like the morning.

I for one didn't, but im going to try it again tomorrow.

Ark is correct.

I don't like lifting in the morning but through trial and error I have figured out how to make it work for me if I need to go in the morning.

You know that video of me hitting 500 on Deadlifts for the 2nd time? That was done at 9 am in the morning the day before I graduated (fuck..that reminds me it has been 6-7 weeks since my last successful Deadlift session!!! FAAAAK!!!).

You can make it work for you very easily.

Here's some of the stuff I do when I need to train in the morning.

1.) I always eat something big before going to bed.

2.) I chug one protein shake down before lifting and usually have a banana or something 45-60 minutes prior to me setting foot in the gym.

3.) During my workout I always sip a shake containing dextrose and whey (2 scoops of each).

4.) Focus hard on your warm-ups. Try to go through all the steps in your mind and really get your movements down. Take extra time whatever.

You'll be fine.

:)

Upper 1

Bench Press- QVT

255x2
260x1
265x2
270x1
275x1
280x1
280x1

Tried to do a second rep on 180 and failed, I have no idea how I should be progressing on these.

DB Rows

105x5
105x4
105x4
105x4
105x3

CGBP

225x4
220x4
220x3
220x3

Cable Rows