Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

First gustrength workout

Monday

Deadlift

380lbs x 1rep x 10sets

Wow this was rough but I did it, my lower back was a little sore by the end but it feels find now, my body isen't used to this kind of stuff should be fun to see how I feel tomorow.

Front Squats

185 x 5 reps x 4 sets

So I dont think I did these the way Andalite recommended I'll read into that more later though. Good thing is I have an idea of what I can lift with these and they felt great, my legs were weak by the end. Also love how you have to use good form or else the weight starts to fall off, got nice and low on these good stuff.

Renegade Rows
Planks

So this workout took me an hour to complete, is that normal Andalite? Because I had to warm up to 390 for my deads and I was getting a max of 4 min. rest by the last few sets of those. I read somewhere GH levels decrease after 45 min. into a workout is this a myth?

First gustrength workout

Monday

Deadlift

380lbs x 1rep x 10sets

Wow this was rough but I did it, my lower back was a little sore by the end but it feels find now, my body isen't used to this kind of stuff should be fun to see how I feel tomorow.

Front Squats

185 x 5 reps x 4 sets

So I dont think I did these the way Andalite recommended I'll read into that more later though. Good thing is I have an idea of what I can lift with these and they felt great, my legs were weak by the end. Also love how you have to use good form or else the weight starts to fall off, got nice and low on these good stuff.

Renegade Rows
Planks

So this workout took me an hour to complete, is that normal Andalite? Because I had to warm up to 390 for my deads and I was getting a max of 4 min. rest by the last few sets of those. I read somewhere GH levels decrease after 45 min. into a workout is this a myth?

I think andalite said that was a myth, he said his workouts take 2 hours sometimes. Great work on 300 though but I sure as hell am pissed haha :mad: But you know you get pumped up by that burger king commercial :p

Haha that was such a joke, like worst possible thing that could have come on the radio was that gay little song. Yeah my voice sounded mad nasally in that video cause I have allergies I dont usually sound like a retard.

T-Block, I got to thank you man cause you were the only reason I starter doing floor presses which got me from benching 275 to 3. Had you not mentioned them to me I would not have been able to do this, best advice I've gotten in a while.

Last edited:

That is exactly how you should evaluate your training sessions, Mike! Great work. You didn't do what I wanted you to do but..and this is the most important thing: you took what you could from it which is finding somewhat of a base :)

I hope you are holding the bar in a weightlifter's position and not with a cross grip. If you're using a cross grip you will run into trouble. If you need help trying to establish a clean grip, let me know. This will serve as an excellent time to learn that if you haven't already :)

It took you only an hour? Dude...most of my Deadlift workouts are 2+ hours.

The thing wiht the HGH/GH levels is that if you sip a protein shake (with dex or mal mixed in) during your workout, you can go on lifting for a long time. The decrease in GH levels isn't a big deal either because performance is performance. Plus...regardless of what the science may say (and actually Alan Aragon has debunked this myth), most Deadlifters spend 2-4 hours deadlifting. It is normal. You need to rest for 5-7+ minutes between sets to ensure complete CNS recovery in any case. 4 minutes is WAY too little.

Here's an article that will better shine light on this topic:

Ground Up Strength: Ninety Second Rest Periods For Strength? Are You Kidding Me?

That is exactly how you should evaluate your training sessions, Mike! Great work. You didn't do what I wanted you to do but..and this is the most important thing: you took what you could from it which is finding somewhat of a base :)

I hope you are holding the bar in a weightlifter's position and not with a cross grip. If you're using a cross grip you will run into trouble. If you need help trying to establish a clean grip, let me know. This will serve as an excellent time to learn that if you haven't already :)

It took you only an hour? Dude...most of my Deadlift workouts are 2+ hours.

The thing wiht the HGH/GH levels is that if you sip a protein shake (with dex or mal mixed in) during your workout, you can go on lifting for a long time. The decrease in GH levels isn't a big deal either because performance is performance. Plus...regardless of what the science may say (and actually Alan Aragon has debunked this myth), most Deadlifters spend 2-4 hours deadlifting. It is normal. You need to rest for 5-7+ minutes between sets to ensure complete CNS recovery in any case. 4 minutes is WAY too little.

Here's an article that will better shine light on this topic:

Ground Up Strength: Ninety Second Rest Periods For Strength? Are You Kidding Me?

Thanks alot for the input Andy, yeah as I was doing my workout I was like no way does this guy do this thing in under an hour good to know I can take as long as I need to in the gym.

Thanks alot for the input Andy, yeah as I was doing my workout I was like no way does this guy do this thing in under an hour good to know I can take as long as I need to in the gym.
Yes. Take as loooong as you need to. The goal is to get strong so take as long as you need to to get strong ;)

Week 1: Wensday

Bench

255x2
265x2
270x1
275x1
280x1 Fail on 2nd rep
285x1 struggle

Andalite, I probably should have tried 275 for 2 instead. 285 was also a battle to get up so I think once again I missed the objective of my workout, since those were not quality reps at the end.

Dumbell Rows

100x3
100x4
100x3
100x3

I may have gotten more reps but I wont count them cause my form was sacrificed a fair bit, these heavy ass rows will be a shock to the system though. Good stuff. How exactly I should progress on these is beyond me.

CGBP

225x3
215x4
215x3
215x3 failed on fourth

I knew I would fail before I even started the fourth rep but I felt like getting a good attempt in. But how should my grip be on these? I put my pinkys right where the smooth center of the bar begins but it felt a little too close and I had trouble stabilizing the weight.

Cable Rows

140x10
140x8
130x8
120x8

Haha you can really see how my rowing strength had been taxed, I could barely perform the minimum reps for 20lbs. less than my starting weight.

Face Pulls

60x20

Workout Time: 1 hour and 15 min.

Top Bottom