Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im all in on Favre tonight

• Thread starter Thread starter shrimp poboy
  • Start date Start date
I take stock in leadership more than you CW.
I know you're a big numbers guy, but a quarterback's mood controls the team.
Minnesota is WAY better than last year and have few changes to the team really.
Rodgers has been more of an Arod to me so far.
And Fave's attitude And health was awful last year. If he stays healthy i'll take him over Rodgers.

i'm not really a stats guy. i'm a common sense guy

fact:
the vikings were 10-6 last year, won their division and had a playoff game at home. all while having Tavaris jackson, arguably the worst starting quarterback in the NFL, at the helm. Also no percy harvin yet.

people are giving favre wayyy too much credit. that team was a great team even before he got there. they just happened to have absolutely awful QB's....like CFL status. give aaron rodgers that same team and i guarantee you he's top 3 in every QB category.

the 3-4 is terrible?

I personally hate it, so yes I'm biased....but I do realize that a few teams have done "exceptional" with it. BUt in my opinion it's because they had exceptional personnel that allowed them to get away with it. The ravens, pats and steelers all had that stud OLB that could actually put his hand down like a DE and get real pressure. Harrison, Suggs, Vrabel to name a few. And of course with the ravens you had Ray Lewis in the middle. I personally find getting pressure on the QB and filling the run gaps with 4 down lineman to be superior to having to blitz linebackers. I prefer defenses like the vikings and the giants. But it does boil down to personnel. If I was putting a team together and had so so lineman but 4 really good linebackers, I would utilize them. My absolute preference is to run a hybrid where you have a 250-260 athletic DE that you can drop back as a LB. The personnel needs for a 3-4 are just overwhelming. Not only do you need the 4 stud linebackers, you also have to have a truck at NT like you said. When the ravens were beasts was when they had siragusa and washington squatting on the line. That was just sick. Those two guys plus one other guy were pretty much a 4 man front by themselves, throw in an OLB and it's almost like a 5-3.....lol

really?

is that why the pats won 3 super bowls, because of their terrible 3-4?

?

Give me a break. the 3-4 is far superior and far more flexible than the 4-3, you just need the right personnel. you need a dominant and big NT first of all, and you need really smart linebackers. The OLB's need to be able to rush the passer and the ILB's need to be able to do it all. At least 1 play making safety is important too, one that can blitz and also do well in coverage.

with the 3-4 it's much harder to tell how many guys are rushing and you can throw a lot of different looks at people.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom