Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

House passes bill to bring troops home in '08

heatherrae said:
bush has no agenda to "win the war." His only motive has been OIL.

every war ever fought can probably be whittled down to a war of resources..........that and control of people's minds and souls, which is also a resource. What the human race needs is "oversight"...........basically a higher power being that comes and draws a line in the sand "figuratively" and "literally"............you cross that line I'm going to check you..............kind of like a super saiyan that can generate an energy ball in his hands that has the power of a 100 megaton bomb without the nuclear fallout. So let's say the U.S get's fancy with another country........well, said higher power being comes and puts down aforementioned ball of energy right down on capitol hill..........bada bing bada bang, end of discussion........we get checked...........that's how it needs to be, we need to be watched by some higher uncorruptible being.

Gambino said:
i read the detroit free press e'vday
not one mention of a new cold war starting
for something so serious you would think it would get more media attention
just a flap between putin and bush that their lil meeting appeared to smooth over

That's about as laughable as me saying I read the cleveland plain dealer every day so what's this big fuss over global warming? It's not necessarily a "cold war" that has people concerned.........the concern is the EU parting ways with us and solidifying ties with China and leaving the U.S out. The U.S will of course try to rectify the situation with some bombs.........and therefore starting shit with the EU and China.........far fetched? maybe........but china and the EU are coming real close to requiring as much resources as we do..........and that's when you're going to see the bombs start flying. If you don't see that scenario as a distinct possibility, you're not paying attention to the world and you migtht need to start reading more journals than the detroit daily.

Gambino said:
so the pop wasn't pissed about the versailles treaty?
hindenburg was not a military minded man?
if the army was so opposed to military action why did they not turn on hitler?
they outnumbered the nazi party by a huge margin.
hitler was the figurehead for sure, people wanna act like the germans were mindless pawns, which is/was not the case

you don't understand the simpleness of most of the people that constituted the german army.....and you don't understand the complexities of the situation. Yes, the german people bear responsibility for taking in with a man that told them they were the chosen people. And remember what happens to a young man when he goes to the military, and this is the case with the U.S military as well...........they DO become brainwashed pawns.....not mindless mind you, but they do as their told........and until you go through that kind of tearing down and then building back up, you can't understand it.

Gambino said:
anyone interested in wermacht/nazi germany should read this book
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ean=9780679772682

disspells a lot of common myths about the invovlement of german citizens in the holacust

While it is somewhat obvious the majority of Germans supported Hitler (all you have to do is watch one of his numerous speeches and see the crowd's reactions), the credibility of this author is questionable, since he, according to one reviewer, can't read German, and thus wouldn't be able to read his source material.
Book-source material=propoganda.

redsamurai said:
the name of the author is all that I had to see about that..............I can't critisize though, it's almost their right to do this..........but it still isn't "true"..........sorry, it isn't.
what isn't true?

according to this book, the nazi party killed less jews than the german army did. it's an interesting study backed by documents for the gov't.
just cause the guy is jewish, i really don't see what the problem is.
he attacks the myth that hitler was the lone bad guy and every citizen was innocent and sheepish.
agree or not i suggest reading it

hanselthecaretaker said:
While it is somewhat obvious the majority of Germans supported Hitler (all you have to do is watch one of his numerous speeches and see the crowd's reactions), the credibility of this author is questionable, since he, according to one reviewer, can't read German, and thus wouldn't be able to read his source material.
Book-source material=propoganda.
while their will always be critics, his book had acclaim even in germany
lotsa critics on both sides of his arguement, that's what make's it fascinating IMO
"Goldhagen has won acclaim for his ability to make harsh historical analysis interesting to a large public. He was awarded the prestigious Democracy Prize by the German Journal for German and International Politics, in that his work forced Germans to reckon with the phenomenon of pervasive and violent antisemitism, and as such it provided a corrective to any notion that an end to the Sonderweg of modern German history was at hand. The laudatio was given by Jürgen Habermas and Jan Philipp Reemtsma"

redsamurai said:
That's about as laughable as me saying I read the cleveland plain dealer every day so what's this big fuss over global warming? It's not necessarily a "cold war" that has people concerned.........the concern is the EU parting ways with us and solidifying ties with China and leaving the U.S out. The U.S will of course try to rectify the situation with some bombs.........and therefore starting shit with the EU and China.........far fetched? maybe........but china and the EU are coming real close to requiring as much resources as we do..........and that's when you're going to see the bombs start flying. If you don't see that scenario as a distinct possibility, you're not paying attention to the world and you migtht need to start reading more journals than the detroit daily.

lol i was being sarcastic
i'm fairly well read
free press is the only actual physical paper i purchase

redsamurai said:
you don't understand the simpleness of most of the people that constituted the german army.....and you don't understand the complexities of the situation. Yes, the german people bear responsibility for taking in with a man that told them they were the chosen people. And remember what happens to a young man when he goes to the military, and this is the case with the U.S military as well...........they DO become brainwashed pawns.....not mindless mind you, but they do as their told........and until you go through that kind of tearing down and then building back up, you can't understand it.

the question here is, when do you disobey an order? if shooting civilians is an order, what are you to do?

Top Bottom