Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Excellent, as the great man Himself said:

Awesome, playtime is OVER :garza:

From here on it's all about managing your fatigue as you improve your conditioning.

So do you think I should 'aggressively' ramp the weights workout to workout? And play with the # of sets? Although I've settled on 7-8 for squat, 7 for bench and 6 for dead.

I could certainly have gone for one more set on each, presumably. While yesterday's workout was knackering, it didn't really seem any moreso than the previous weeks' and not really close to failure - could be I'm getting a little stronger and used to the volume.

I've got 4 workouts to go, I guess I should start turning up the volume.

Well, I'm no expert. I know that what I did got me quite reasonably loaded. I do recall thinking at one stage during this time frame that I was confident of getting to the end of the volume phase pretty much whatever I did short of injury so I was happy pushing a bit more workout to workout.

On the downside, I wasn't deloaded even into my second week of the next phase and took an injury. Maybe if I hadn't ramped everything up, maybe if I'd taken more care lowering the weight, maybe it was just overuse and fatigue piled up on me.

It's a dual-factor program so the idea is to acrue loading. How you get there and how deep you decide to go, I think, is a matter of playing it by ear. If I were to run the program again, I'd probably either do the volume phase about the same as I did or start with higher percentages depending on whether I was coming into the start reasonably conditioned.

I think you'll find the last week really quite spiffing.
_

Last edited:
blut wump said:
Well, I'm no expert. I know that what I did got me quite reasonably loaded. I do recall thinking at one stage during this time frame that I was confident of getting to the end of the volume phase pretty much whatever I did short of injury so I was happy pushing a bit more workout to workout.

On the downside, I wasn't deloaded even into my second week of the next phase and took an injury. Maybe if I hadn't ramped everything up, maybe if I'd taken more care lowering the weight, maybe it was just overuse and fatigue piled up on me.

It's a dual-factor program so the idea is to acrue loading. How you get there and how deep you decide to go, I think, is a matter of playing it by ear. If I were to run the program again, I'd probably either do the volume phase about the same as I did or start with higher percentages depending on whether I was coming into the start reasonably conditioned.

I think you'll find the last week really quite spiffing.
_

The good thing is these increases are pretty small so I don't think there's too much of a chance of missing reps. I think I can increase 5 lbs on bench and squat and 10lbs on dead every workout until the end. I hope.

That was always my view. The odd 2.5Kg here and there, occasionally bumping by 5Kg. If a workout was a big struggle then no blutwumping for that exercise. I still don't know what happened with my W4D1 bench.

Week 3 Day 3

Worked out at a new gym today. My wife joined a new one close to her work so I went with her today. Nice place, they have hair spray and Q-tips in the mens lockeroom :rolleyes: But it's surrounded by trees and we were the only ones in the weightroom when we started so I almost fell asleep. They also had those rubber coated plates and they just looked heavier ;) The bars were this shiny chrome, I think they were 46lbs :p

Squat
Bar x 1 x 8
135 x 2 x 5
165 x 1
185 x 1
205 x 7 x 5 (+5lbs)

Went OK. This gym only had one squat rack. And it was kind of weird, I felt like I was in smith machine because of the preset hooks where you can rack the bar. As far as the weight, it wasn't what I'd call difficult but I had a couple sets where I think I had some breaks in form (more forward lean than I'd like). They came early on, though, and I corrected them for the rest of my sets.

Bench
Bar x5 3 x 5 (W-S-N)
135 x 3 x 3 (W-S-N)
195 x 7 x 6 (N-S-W-N-S-W-N) (+5lbs)

'salright but had a hitch again on last set of narrow grip.

Dead
135 x 5 (RDL)
225 x 2
315 x 1
335 x 6 x 5 (+10lbs)

No deadlift area. I took a bar from one of the benches and hauled it over to an open space. Had to drag some plates over too. Anyway by this time my knackerdness was up 10 also. So I cut my warmups and just wanted to start pulling and get it over with. Again, I won't say any of the sets were hard but by this time it was kind of a mental battle to continue, heh.

Week 3 Summary: Not excited about next week. :worried: Debating how much to ramp, especially on dead. Looking forward to the weekend for some R&R.

Last edited:
Excellent. Loading has started.

I found it helped a lot to start sipping my PWO drink while resting between deadlift sets. It was probably just the dextrose albeit in small quantities but I found that t helped.

Top Bottom