Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Thanks. Yeah it's a PR, my previous conventional style PR was last week - I feel like anotherbutters ;)

Actually I was thinking, this is the first time I've done singles. A couple months ago I did 435 x 3. I need to look up the calculation and see what the 1RM is for that.

I forgot to bring my belt yesterday, I'll have to remember next week.

Yeah on the 275 deadlift I think my hips went up too fast, I don't think I was concentrating. I suppose warmups can serve as feedback so one can correct some things before it gets ugly.

There IS a next week isn't there? I have to read Korte again, isn't next week 'competition week' where I go for my targets?

Or will my fitness gains have dimished by then? Basically, I was wondering if I should be stronger next week...

blut wump said:
I found it hard to break out of the Korte mould. It's a comfy work pattern.

I've really enjoyed this program despite my moaning and groaning through the prep phase. I like the simplicity and practice you get, I'm pretty sure I'll run it again.

On a semi-related note, I saw some guy yesterday getting all fired up for his lift. Adjusting his MP3 player just so. Pacing around. And then bellying up to the bicep cable curl station :rolleyes: You should've seen the look of fury on his face as he pumped out his reps, then as he switched arms he turned his head and switched mirrors. It was quite a sight, I think he wore his special cut off t-shirt for 'arm day' (glad I don't have those anymore ;) )

This is his annual plan Jan-Jul: http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte4.htm

If you were to treat it as a competition then you'd take a light workout early in the week and then try to hit all three on the Saturday. Ideally with people standing around cheering to get you all fired up for a true 100% lift. Still, there's nothing to stop your going for it next week as a target-hitting week. This week, though, is your last week of the program.

Jim Ouini said:
I feel like anotherbutters ;)
Go go single factor gains! ;)

I've yet to break 300 for reps on deads, but I frequently find one of the warmups harder because it's lighter and I'm not giving it the attention it deserves.

If 475 is 95%, then 100% is 500lb. How can you not try that next week? :p

blut wump said:
This is his annual plan Jan-Jul: http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte4.htm

If you were to treat it as a competition then you'd take a light workout early in the week and then try to hit all three on the Saturday. Ideally with people standing around cheering to get you all fired up for a true 100% lift. Still, there's nothing to stop your going for it next week as a target-hitting week. This week, though, is your last week of the program.

I see. Thanks for the link. I have some thinking to do :)

anotherbutters said:
If 475 is 95%, then 100% is 500lb. How can you not try that next week?

Well I'll just say I did 500, based on my 95% lift ;)

Jim Ouini said:
Actually I was thinking, this is the first time I've done singles. A couple months ago I did 435 x 3. I need to look up the calculation and see what the 1RM is for that.

I looked it up, 435 x 3 is 461 1RM.

It's good to see some tangible measurement that the Korte has had an effect. If you add to that that you felt you still had some in the tank when you did today's lift, it looks like the Korte has treated you well.

Now we're talking. If I hadn't still felt twinges in my side, I'd have dived straight back into a fresh run. It'd be good to see your fresh projections.

Top Bottom