Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has a bigger career ever gone downhill this quickly?

Accenture just dumped him too...the endorsement side of his career is in free-fall. I'm guessing that by the time that it's all said and done, the only one he'll have left is Nike. He better not take too much time off of golf...him being the best golfer in the world is the only thing that will keep Nike on board long-term.

Your reaction is the funny one, brangr. It's not a big deal. Even if he died while blowing a homeless Jew in the Vatican right fucking now...still not a big deal.

Irrelevant is the word I'm looking for.
I just flat disagree?

jackangel said:
Also, I wouldn't say he's the biggest...but that's a retarded argument right there, so never mind.
agree

jackangel said:
Keep in mind that he's only rich because he makes others richer.
True of any asset, the value in it is it's ability to produce a certain return on itself, whether a factory or person. Not sure what you mean other than that pointing out that universal truth. He happens to be the one most valuable asset the sports world has, if you prefer to compare him to GE, Exxon or Microsoft as an analogy in their respective fields. Ah but you say, a fall by those corporations would affect so many employees! Real people! Tiger affects nobody!

Except that... friend... Tiger doesn't just lose the money from his endorsements lost and the unfortunate people who used to make the ads that featured him pumping his fists.

Golf viewing drops by 50% when Tiger is not on. That is hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, advertising and otherwise,and I continue to use commas to make run ons but I dare say the world will be cost billions. It's just as relevant as a huge company going under. He has just crippled an entire industry with his transgressions. Thousands will lose their jobs. I would bet money on it.

jackangel said:
If his sponsors get rid of him, they can't make money off him anymore.
which is why they are dropping like flies right? Hence the post I originally made?

jackangel said:
The public are often forgetful idiots, so don't count on negative popular opinion making him a liability. A public statement, some more news bites, etc. can probably manipulate enough opinions (amongst those who actually care about this shit) favourably.
yes, but, well, at this point with everyone but his staunchest sponsor gone, will be resigned at maybe a tenth of the price? That was my point, this is going from the most successful athlete in history financially to a commoner amongst his peers, in a matter of days. Shocking and staggering and nobody ever had an inkling of it before this happened in a matter of an instant over a long career.

jackangel said:
You'ses acting like his career is already over.
it just started man, who knows if he will ever be able to come back. can you imagine the ego on this guy and how it is now crushed? you mean it's not even up to debate that this is the crescendo for him? of course it's probably not, but .....

how could you call this "irrelevant"? I guess nothing is relevant except war?

jackangel said:
Disclaimer: I have no cable TV and don't follow the "news" much, so I know jack shit except that he got into a car accident, messed around with drugs/alcohol, had issues with his wife, may have slept around, etc. Newsflash: this is common enough for celebrities. The fact that it's Tiger really don't change much.

conceding: this could explain it all. Given that you don't watch TV you possibly didn't know he is the biggest sports star in the world.

I'll concede the Britney Spears scenario is possible to an exponential degree. This fuels Tiger to a level of play that has never been witnessed and he makes himself bigger than ever.

But if not I predict huge ratings for his first couple tournaments back and then contract resignings for a pittance of his former value. I don't see how a company could think someone who hits ass all over the world could hold himself back from doing this again, so his value is permanently marred.

I got that crap on this computer... not active though because I use a diff program but it pops up every 5 minutes wanting me to renew and I can't get it to stop

google

cc cleaner cnet

download and install it and unistall it in the "tool" section

Top Bottom