Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got married, gained 15lbs, no motivation for the gym

I like your article. also I would add under cleanliness the locker rooms and bathrooms as well, and even the showers and sauna. I have been to some gyms where the sauna smelled like pee, i really think someone pee'd in the ashes no joke. I never went back to that gym.

X2.
The locker room where I go constantly smells like a giant deuce. Some fans and that nice smelling stuff that sprays every 10 minutes or so even help truck stop shitters smell better.

X2.
The locker room where I go constantly smells like a giant deuce. Some fans and that nice smelling stuff that sprays every 10 minutes or so even help truck stop shitters smell better.

when i train with a buddy of mine at his Y their steamroom smells like ass which I think is the smell you are describing, i had to get out of there cause of the smell.. bunch of old guys in there... and then 2 days later I came down with a horrible sinus infection.. i believe it was stepping or sitting on something that got me sick.

i will never go back but for him it doesn't bother him at all. everyone is different.

here is what i would do.
force yourself to go in the AM, no matter how much it sucks at first.
no matter how early...i get up at 4am to make it happen.
do it for a month and you'll be surprised how easy it is...it is so spectacular
to come home everyday from work and not having to workout.
then you can still chill and have a few beers.
such a huge bonus after yrs and yrs of after work lifting...AM workouts, with the
stim of your choice, is pretty awesome, i have great workouts.
it's only an hour or so a day, make the AM sacrifice it's the best thing to ever happen
to my lifting career (aside from test-e)

Last edited:
here is what i would do.
force yourself to go in the AM, no matter how much it sucks at first.
no matter how early...i get up at 4am to make it happen.
do it for a month and you'll be surprised how easy it is...it is so spectacular
to come home everyday from work and not having to workout.
then you can still chill and have a few beers.
such a huge bonus after yrs and yrs of after working lifting...AM workouts, with the
stim of your choice, is pretty awesome, i have great workouts.
it's only an hour or so a day, make the AM sacrifice it's the best thing to ever happen
to my lifting career (aside from test-e)

i agree for my cardio. though hiit works in the am or pm, getting it done and not having to do it later is great. i cant lift in the am. tried to get my hormones up for that time of day for a few months, couldnt do it.

i agree for my cardio. though hiit works in the am or pm, getting it done and not having to do it later is great. i cant lift in the am. tried to get my hormones up for that time of day for a few months, couldnt do it.

i feel the strongest first thing in the morning.
quick bowl of ceral gets the metabo going, strong coffee, loud music...even on days i don't have to work i'm still in the gym stupid early.
I'm the only one there it's great. ipod on the stereo, ride the ligthning at 5am is awesomeness.
and the best thing of all is knowing all day while i'm at work that i get to come home and eat and eat and go to sleep.

got married in june, took time off (2 months, which is the longest time off I have ever taken in like 8 years) and I need motivation to get back to the gym. I want to loose excess weight, but after living the married life, I see myself wanting to get home from work, draft out a little beer from my Heiniken Keg can and say fuck it. I don't know how many bros have gone through this, but I feel like shit. Yes eating and drinking everyday is nice and all, but I feel physically and mentally like shit. I guess I need a few bros to flame me to get my fat ass back to the gym and regain my chin :p

You have to take that 1st step my man. If your not happy how you look and feel,,make that change.
Slowly but steadily critique your diet and training. Making the 1st leap is the hardest part
in getting your feet wet again.

Top Bottom