Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good routine?

TheNick93

Hello, I'm Nick. I'm in need of good ideas and tips. I'm 5'8", weigh 170 lbs and 16 years old.
I use 35 lbs dumbells, never maxed out on a bench. I started working out 3 months ago. Since then have increased uscle size by an inch. Before I used 15 lb dumbells. Now 35. Great huh.
I have a 50 lbs barbell( can't afford more weights) I also own the perfect pushup. I currently have a routine where I do this:
30 military presses
30 bar curls
60 crunches
3 laps at about 300 ft each, the 30 calf raises after each lap, totaling 90
30 squats
30 bent rows
10 pushups

Then I take a day off, to grow some. Is that a good routine? Do I need protein sheakes? Just looking for tips or what not.
p.s at leg extensions at the school gym I maxed at 200 lbs. (my running tains my legs, I have no leg equipment) I soon will be getting more things.

Hello, I'm Nick. I'm in need of good ideas and tips. I'm 5'8", weigh 170 lbs and 16 years old.
I use 35 lbs dumbells, never maxed out on a bench. I started working out 3 months ago. Since then have increased uscle size by an inch. Before I used 15 lb dumbells. Now 35. Great huh.
I have a 50 lbs barbell( can't afford more weights) I also own the perfect pushup. I currently have a routine where I do this:
30 military presses
30 bar curls
60 crunches
3 laps at about 300 ft each, the 30 calf raises after each lap, totaling 90
30 squats
30 bent rows
10 pushups

Then I take a day off, to grow some. Is that a good routine? Do I need protein sheakes? Just looking for tips or what not.
p.s at leg extensions at the school gym I maxed at 200 lbs. (my running tains my legs, I have no leg equipment) I soon will be getting more things.

lets start with the positives....

you have gained muscle, you have added weight to your workouts, you have been consistent.

now the negatives:: get ready, i am going to be honest and straight to the point so please do not take this the wrong way.

in order to get bigger, you need to do the compound lifts.. the fact that you have squats, rows, and presses on there are great, but you need to have a routine (especially if you're a beginner) based around these lifts.

Definitely look up Rippetoes Starting Strength... it is an unbelievable beginners program

now i am confused. do you have 50 pounds + a barbell or a barbell that weights 50 pounds? I think you are talking about the second one, and if that is the case just get some more weights. If you can, sell all of that crap and get a gym membership. Just don't invest in anymore stupid machines like Bowflex, because those won't get you anywhere.

So i am assuming that you only have 35 pound dumbbells and a 50 pound barbell to workout with. Here is what i would focus on if i were you.

Many people think that DB Bench is better than the bench press itself.. benching a 50 pound barbell won't do anything for you, so stick to 35 pounders for your bench and just try to increase your reps each time.. you can also make it harder for yourself by trying the incline/decline bench. anyways, back to the exercises

DB Bench Press... DB/Barbell Rows... Barbell Squats (ASS TO THE GROUND AND REALLY GRIND IT OUT.. you can ask your dad or someone to help you get the weight up)... Military Press (barbell).. these are actually pretty tough. Planks, Calf Raises..

Pullups/Chinups/Dips you will probably get the most out of IMO. you can't really add to the weight you have on the bar/dumbbells, so it's hard to keep track of your lifts in that way. These 3 exercises are awesome.. you can keep track of your gains. and that brings me to another point; you can spend (i think it's 40 bucks) some money on the Iron Gym.. it's a pullup bar that attatches to your door. If you don't want to do that, you can look around the house for something you can do them on, or go outside and use a tree branch.

good luck, and don't forget to eat a lot.. shakes are good for gaining. Get some whey protein powder, and put it in with some fruit juice/ice/fruit.. i heard peanut butter works real well too

I have no dumbells I was stating my dumbells max.The barbell is 20lbs + 30 lbs of weights. No gyms here I live way in the middle of nowhere lol..thanks for the ideas

just scanned through it but good advice jdid23 your learning lol

haha thx lol... not to tout my own horn, but i have had knowledge about the best types of lifts for at least the last 6-8 months.. i just couldn't get a consistent routine going without my license because of how hectic my parents schedules were (not to mention the fact i could not and still cannot get a partner, doesn't matter to me though)

anyways, how do you to the dumbbell work if you don't have any? lol

haha thx lol... not to tout my own horn, but i have had knowledge about the best types of lifts for at least the last 6-8 months.. i just couldn't get a consistent routine going without my license because of how hectic my parents schedules were (not to mention the fact i could not and still cannot get a partner, doesn't matter to me though)

anyways, how do you to the dumbbell work if you don't have any? lol

school weight room...btw 3 days left
!!

We cant help you if we dont know what your goals are...Is it to lose fat? Build muscles? get stronger (in that case a 50lbs barbell isnt enough) ? be in shape? also whats your body fat%?

All of those. Soon my grandma will bring my uncles weights when she visits so I'll get more.I lost 12 pounds in 5 months and gained a lot of muscle, but I thik I'm starting to platue.

Do one arm press with the barbell, one arm deadlift, and one arm barbell rows with one end of the barbell loaded and the other end stuck in a corner,, barbell pullover (both arms) overhead tris extensions, reverse grip curls. Google and youtube the exercises.

Top Bottom