Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing For Cutting

riverrock

Hello All,

I have been off gear for 15 months now and intend staying off until The new Year. After that, there is a good chance I'll return to the darkness.

I like to bulk on Test. Have a decent amount, so think I'll go for Sustanon at 750mg per week for 10 weeks. Now, as for a cutting cycle, I was thinking of doing Deca at 400mg per week. Another alternative could be Prop 75mg E2D. I'll cut for 10 weeks also.

The thing is, I cannot use treadmills as a result of injuries I picked up before, not a big fan of the bicyles, and the stepper is directly under the TV in my gym, so I can't see it :D

Is it a good idea to do something like boxing for calorie burning? It looks to me that boxing is very similar to interval training in that you go all out, stop, and go all out again. Would boxing work as good/better than any other for cutting? Anyone ever tried something "different" for calorie burning when cutting up?

Do it for one workout and you'll have ur answer........yes boxing will definitely burn calories. To get the most out of using a heavy bag, never stop moving ur feet. Throw your combinations and keep moving your feet when ur done.

After a few weeks, you'll see a huge difference in the definition of your arms, shoulders, and lats as well as an overal lower bf%

That's true. I started using the bag when I was on DBol and running wasn't an option, but I still never quit . The bag is probably my favorite cardio, and a good one if you push yourself and keep circling. Also good for tension relief!

start boxing, wrestling or any type of grappling based MA and you will lose weight.. you will be shocked at how little you have to reduce your cals if you are doing any of the above 2-4x a week.

when overweight people join my club they tend to loose 10-20lbs in one month w/ little change in there diet or workout.

so most likely you dont have that much to lose but if you work hard during the classes and change your diet a bit you will loose weight much easier, have more fun, meet new people, learn cool things and acquire some useful self defense skills

go for it.

When I used to box, I was the most ripped I've even been in my life. The only problem was that I couldn't put on any weight and I usually lost muscle. Depending on your training, it's very hard to have a regular lifting routine while being a boxer. I was full-time though. I'm sure you'd be able to if you just went light.

Hey riverrock, I box along with BJJ its a great workwout, but sometimes injuries come along with it. I started for strictly cardio purposes then ended up getting hooked and entering competitions. I ended up not lifting as much as a would have liked

But its great for cardio.

pelon said:
Hey riverrock, I box along with BJJ its a great workwout, but sometimes injuries come along with it. I started for strictly cardio purposes then ended up getting hooked and entering competitions. I ended up not lifting as much as a would have liked

But its great for cardio.

That's what happened to me. The more time you put into boxing, the less energy and time you have to lift. I sustained a few injuries also. Had surgery on my nose less than a year ago to fix my breathing.

If you're talking about boxing for general fitness and not going all out as in sparring in a ring or whatever, you should definitely get one of those ring timer CDs like Title Boxing makes. Great for any kind of interval training really. Sustaining an effort to a given time has been shown to be extremely effective as opposed to being your own judge as far as intensity and fatigue and when to rest. There are 2 minute round CDs and 3 minute round CDs. 2 or 3 minutes of high intensity anything followed by a one minute rest and repeated several times can be an extremely intense workout.

Top Bottom