Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody take a form of Kendo?

Very small is 40K?! Wow. If that's really small I don't think I'd want to be in a big city.

Since Kyushu is an island, has it retained more of traditional Japan? Does Fukuoka or Nagasaki have a US military base? I'd prefer to stay away with cities that have one to minimize Western influence, though I do suppose Japan as a whole has been unfortunately influenced alot.

What was the weather like when you've lived over there?

Kyushu is much more traditional than the other islands. There is a military base on kyushu but it is near Sasebo. You won't have to worry about it. There is no base near Fukuoka.

Don't get fooled it has four seasons. The summer is hot and very humid and it does get cold. Bring your winter clothes.

Well looks like I'll have to get some winter clothes :) Don't have a need for any living in Arizona.

Do they have internet service where you were? I know a few people that lived in Korea and they said where they were it was hard to get internet at the places they lived and they had to goto the very prevailent(in Korea atleast) internet cafes.

Oh yeah, since you got your degree in Japanese, just how fluent were you through your college courses? I've taken a year at Arizona State and well, I personally don't feel I've learned that awful much at all. Is there any book or other method to pick up vocab? I really don't feel we've learned that much vocab. How did you memorize the 1500+ kanji? I know about 500(which I've done on my own time and effort) but all the compounds on top of that is really becoming daunting.

Thanks for all your help!!! I'm really getting excited about applying for JET in a bit!!!

Top Bottom