Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ANOTHER Nolvadex question--but for my g/f!

Sexual Mustard

I've been lurking in the women's boards for a few weeks now, trying to get info on women's use of Nolva for cutting. I'm no expert on the female usage of pharmaceuticals, but I'm trying to learn and have been using the search option. BUT I do have a question. I'm contemplating putting my g/f on Nolva to help her cut up for a possible contest. What worries me is that I've been reading that it causes cessation of the period. Is this normal, dangerous, and is it permanent? Assuming I'd put her on Nolva for about 5-6 weeks at 20 mg/day, how long after she stops until she gets her period back (if it does come back)? Is this a serious side effect? Are there more serious side effects for a woman taking it? Thanks, bros and sis's!

20 mg/day is a fine dose and 5-6 weeks will not have permanent effects. It's not a replacement for ECA or clen or a thermogenic, but she can try it in addition to one of those and see if it helps.

(BTW, 20 mg/day is a theraputic dosage that many women who are at risk for breast cancer take when they are in their early 40's.)

She should be fine with short term use at 20mg per day. And believe me, if she's gonna compete then cessation of her period is a bonus! Though not all women experience this side effect. But like senior said, it is not a substitute for the rest of the dieting stuff, merely an addition. Be EXTRA careful that she doesn't get pregnant! It can increase fertility, so double up on the birth control.

Thanks, MS...and believe me, I'm only adding Nolva as a supplement, not a miracle pill. She's doing a hardcore diet and ECA stack as well. I wonder how long after she stops taking Nolva would it take for her period to normalize?

If she's doing Nolvadex and ends up doing a show, between the hard core dieting and the Nolvadex, she shouldn't be suprised if it takes up to 3 months (maybe longer) for her to see her period after the show. That's about how long it took my g/f and other gals at our gym who compete.

Thanks again, Senior. Haha, maybe I should keep her on the Nolva then, seeing as how she won't be so fucking crabby like she is during her time of the month. :)

Before you start loading birth control pills, I would check a little more into the interaction between birth control and nolva. I considered it for my first competition but never pursued it. I talked to my OBGYN about it - of course he spends more time delivering babies than following bodybuilding so he didn't quite understand where I was coming from. He did say that most of the studies around the safety of using nolva are with post-menopausal women using it to address breast cancer. There is very little about usage with pre-menopausal women and birth control. Also because it does not address the same "path" in the estrogen process (i.e. release of hormones during a menstrual cycle, estrogen interacts biochemically with other parts of the body to create "female pattern fat" like fat around the hips and thighs to prepare the female body for pregnancy) as birth control pills do. So it effectively ignores any anti-pregancy effects of birth control - thus you could easily get pregant while on nolva and birth control. My doc basically just said go off the birth control - same result. And you also avoid any potential interaction between the nolva and birth control (though I haven't found any evidence of any ... but I'm not a doctor...:-))

If I've completely confused you, I apologize - I'm still trying to understand all the biochemical reactions that can occur with all the stuff you can take from St. John's Wort to AS. If you use nolva, assume you can't rely on your birth control to avoid pregnancy. I would also recommend asking your doctor to explain to you.

my first $0.02 on this board! (I guess I'm no longer a "virgin"...LOL!)

I can see how Nolva can be used as a preventative measure, but, if you've already got the fat, how will it help get rid of that?

Top Bottom