Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Andropause... Wtf!!!

thefalconer2011

Former Platinum member here... back when the ex wife was competing... Glad to be back... maybe I can get some good input here.

BTW: Nelson was a GREAT help to me a few years ago, walked me through my first cycle, hopefully he'll read this!

12 weeks of Primo x Sustanon = very good strength gains which lasted for at least a year or so... I kid you not! Unreal.... size was up a bit.. but not much. Anyway.... I'll NEVER forget what that did for me.. But alas, I laid off... and just kept doing what i was doing: Eating a lot and training Hard. Now I'm pushing 50!!! WTF, OVER?!

I'm not a bodybuilder... but dammit! I'm not going down without a fight either ! I've been suffering from slower mental state, (no--not alzheimers...thanks tho! HAHAHA), having a much harder time keeping muscle, an even harder time loosing bodyfat though I do INTENSE workouts ( Crossfit style stuff, Kettlebells, Sandbags, windsprint and mountain bike WEEKLY), the BEAST in my pants isn't much of a beast anymore... he used to have a mind of his own. Minor, annoying injuries occuring more. You know...getting effin' older!!! I'm pushing 50! When I looked up the symptoms... they call it ANDROPAUSE (and I'm not ashamed to say that it has hit me hard). OF course, they suggest HGH/TEST therapy to fix it. But Should I go to a local doc and pay the oh, GRAND a month... or like before, do it myself! I THINK I'D RATHER DO IT MYSELF!!! LOL.:evil:

SO I want to create another CYCLE... to target what's going on with me.

I'd like some SERIOUS feedback. I'm going to do it. You guys have ALL given great advise in the past... and I'm hopeful I can get this program rockin' soon!

Thanks

The FALCONER

Great start! I've found some labs that specialize in this...but they want to do the treatments as well... I could by a HUMMER for that monthly payment! LOL.

SO I'm still lookin' Thanks for that input!

for a legit trt clinic you should be paying less than that for 3 months, not every month and that would be at 400mg/wk.

One thing ive really started to research is macro nutrient deficiencies. A hell of a lot more common than you would think, especially among athletes, we simply require more natural resources and we arent getting it from food plain and simple. Even supplimentation based on RDA wont even come close to getting your tissue levels up to par. These macronutrients are crucial for almost everything we do and as year go by and our bodies continually run at a deficit, things start to suffer including test production.
\
Ive been on TRT for a year myself, made a heck of a difference but im going to slack off now as I enter a macronutrient loading phase to try and bring my levels up to high normal lab ranges. Im already noticing after just a few weeks that nagging injuries I have been battling for months are significantly improved.

Why wouldn't it be covered under insurance? If he legitimately has andropause I think it would be covered. Just curious..

Why wouldn't it be covered under insurance? If he legitimately has andropause I think it would be covered. Just curious..
I would say most insurance plans do cover low test but keep in mind they treat lab numbers and nothing else.

You often get a doc who wants to give you 150mg every three weeks causing crazy hormone roller coaster ride. Some dont want to prescribe test if your already in normal range because they say its "normal".

To overcome many of the sides of low test as men age you need a lot larger dose to "feel" better which is really what most of us old duffers want.

for a legit trt clinic you should be paying less than that for 3 months, not every month and that would be at 400mg/wk.

One thing ive really started to research is macro nutrient deficiencies. A hell of a lot more common than you would think, especially among athletes, we simply require more natural resources and we arent getting it from food plain and simple. Even supplimentation based on RDA wont even come close to getting your tissue levels up to par. These macronutrients are crucial for almost everything we do and as year go by and our bodies continually run at a deficit, things start to suffer including test production.
\
Ive been on TRT for a year myself, made a heck of a difference but im going to slack off now as I enter a macronutrient loading phase to try and bring my levels up to high normal lab ranges. Im already noticing after just a few weeks that nagging injuries I have been battling for months are significantly improved.
Zyglamail, please expand on the Macro Nutrient Deficiencies? What are you eating or doing to your diet to bring your levels back in line?

\

Do you mind giving a little more detail on what you mean by starting a macronutrient program?

Thanks,

Sorry didn't note the same posting above.

Last edited:
Zyglamail, please expand on the Macro Nutrient Deficiencies? What are you eating or doing to your diet to bring your levels back in line?

In a nutshell our worlds farmland has been raped by generations of farming. It no longer has the nutrients needed to sustain healthy plants, that why farmers have to douse their fields with pesticides etc. They put on just enough fertilizer to make the plant grow and look good but true soil concentrations of minerals needed is never truly replenished.

This vegetation is what feeds the animals we eat and is also what we eat. Zinc for example is the 4th most abundant mineral in our bodies and magnesium the 11th. Both are essential to life yet its estimated but clinical studies that 50% of the population or more is deficient. Athletes place even greater demands on their bodies so the likelyhood of them being deficient is even higher.

Many high end coaches do blood testing of their athletes and try and bring some of these crucial minerals in the body to the high normal end. Failure to do so means you are just further placing demands on the body that cant be met increasing the deficiency even more.

If you start to scour the web and medical journals for studies done on things like vitamin B, D, zinc and magnesium you will realize just how important these elements are.

Most peoplethink they can pop a daily vitamin that says 100% of thr RDA and they will be good but thats not the case.

An over simplified example......Think of a large barrel sitting in the middle of your yard. Lets says its full of water and on the average day (24 hours) you lose 1" to evaporation. So, over a 7 day period you will lose 7". Now, if it only rains an average of 5" a week whats going to happen to the level of water in the barrel? It will slowly decent over time until empty.

If the RDA of water for the barrel is 7" to overcome evaporation and you go six months with 5" of rainfall and then all of a sudden for the next 6 months you get 7" a week whats going to happen? The barrel is getting the RDA of 7" of water a week right so isnt it all good? What about the water that was lost during the 5" of rain a week period? That has never been replaced.

The same things happen with our bodies so just taking the RDA after running for years with not enough daily intake does not make things alright. It may prevent further decline in levels but you are still likely living with suboptimal levels for an athletic person.

Right now I am personally focusing on magnesium, vit D, B and zinc. Just like anything you CAN take to much and the quality differs and even the labels differ in what they report. For example the upper limit for consumption as started by the gov is 420mg day for magnesium. this is ELEMENTAL magnesium, which we can not directly absorb so sup maker "chelate" it and there are many forms of chelated minerals each with a varying percent of elemental magnesium. Some 60% some 20% but generally speaking the higher the % of elemenatal magnesium the lower the absorption rate. Sup companies dont always tell you if the mg stated on the label is elemental or the full weight of the chelated product.

In essence what I am doing is superloading the above at 2-4 times the RDA for a period of time until I get my levels up to where they need to be at which time I will drop my daily dose to maintenance levels.

To get RBC zinc, RBC magnesium, D3 tested your looking at about $250 for labs.

I invite you all to just do searched for magnesium deficiency, zinc deficiency, D3 deficiency, various B vitamin deficiencies. You will have hours of reading and likely find plenty of places that say your fine and dont need supplementation. When you read that go back and look at the list of deficiency symptoms again and see if you have any sign of them that has just kind of set in over time. If in doubt get blood tests.

Top Bottom