Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got married, gained 15lbs, no motivation for the gym

str8cubano

got married in june, took time off (2 months, which is the longest time off I have ever taken in like 8 years) and I need motivation to get back to the gym. I want to loose excess weight, but after living the married life, I see myself wanting to get home from work, draft out a little beer from my Heiniken Keg can and say fuck it. I don't know how many bros have gone through this, but I feel like shit. Yes eating and drinking everyday is nice and all, but I feel physically and mentally like shit. I guess I need a few bros to flame me to get my fat ass back to the gym and regain my chin :p

Long time no see old friend, got any peak workout pics if so drag em out.
Remember muscle menory is an amazing thing , in no time you will start seeing results,that's enough motavation right there.
:)

RADAR

I've been there....I think once you find somebody to love or to stay stable, has a very strong psychological effect; is like "I was preparing for this, now that I have what I was looking for, I can stop and relax" So many things change in your daily life that you give the least priority to the gym. It has happened to me.

Now I'm in a different boat; I am getting divorced after 6 years of marriage and I've been very low in motivation to go to the gym; but in this case is because I need to sell this friggin house fast (nobody is interested), process the divorce fast, and strat a new life; the current situation is killing me.

Try to motivate your wife to go with you man...probably that will help with motivation. Anyhow, once you catch the rythm, everything comes back to normal; is just that initial jump to force yourself into the routine.

I feel ya dude..not married but i go through stages...to keep on track try using some supplements for motivation..preworkout stuff to get you pumped for the gym. I also keep pics of the greats hanging around and think to myself "im gonna kick their asses".

That is exactly what happened to me in the 80's when I got married.. Since that time 27 years ago to be exact, 2 kids, big dog, 10 hour plus a day job, and all the responsible trimmings that go with it, I can honestly say I relate bro..

I've gained 60 lbs since that fateful day back then, (I was 19 however) and not all of it is excess, but I's say a good 12 plus lbs could be stripped in time, but my point is that you'll get your motivation back. I have gone through many motivation 'cycles' (non a.a.s) with this final one being the best since my late teens. Sort of a positive mid-life crisis for lack of a better term.

I hope you get your motivation back before 27 years, but I have improved mine even more by setting very realistic goals for myself. I realized that (going way back in time now) once I'd married, and my 'dreams' of being like the guys in the magazines were dashed, I think I just drifted with no goals, etc.. Always worked out, but no fire burning. This year I turned 46 and realized that I wanted to feel as close to the excitement I felt in my teens as I could, so I turned my old dreams into more realistic goals.

It's hard to explain, and may only be my gig, but I just am working to be the best that I can be with what I have, and not trying to be someone I could never be. I begrudgingly (long story) bought a tiny Ipod music player and downloaded the different types of music that aided my moods for how I want to lift in any given day, and also picked some music from my teens that I recall having great workouts listening to at the time. The first few weeks were hell, and I almost backed off, but then I started noticing some changes that felt similar to how I felt back in my teens. It's not the same, and I'm not re-living the past, just adding some old tools to go forward.

I am not making this an 'all about me' but rather letting you know you have to find that feeling, motivation, reason, whatever, and make it very important and a priority to you. If you can do that, and stay committed, you'll be back in no time.. After 27 years of marriage I can honestly say I've felt a lot of "lack of motivation" at times. It happens to most I should think.

Good luck, and just do it bro!

Music too!! i always get pumped listening to my favorite tunes..if your like me and have your own gym at home you can use any cd/tape player..if you jog outside/go to a gym i'd invest in an ipod..

I know exactly what your saying. Both my wife and I have been so wrapped up in our business exercise was the least important. But last year my wife decided to loose some weight and has done great. Well after one of the guys I deal with said your getting a budda belly that did it for me.
Been hammering it back at the gym since. My wife loves it. I told her that I didn't want to be like everyone else in their late 40's early 50's that I wanted to be the hot husband again. It's done amazing things for our sex life again, I feel like I'm in my 20's again would screw a knot hole in the wall if I found one.

Nemesis 2027 said:
That is exactly what happened to me in the 80's when I got married.. Since that time 27 years ago to be exact, 2 kids, big dog, 10 hour plus a day job, and all the responsible trimmings that go with it, I can honestly say I relate bro..

I've gained 60 lbs since that fateful day back then, (I was 19 however) and not all of it is excess, but I's say a good 12 plus lbs could be stripped in time, but my point is that you'll get your motivation back. I have gone through many motivation 'cycles' (non a.a.s) with this final one being the best since my late teens. Sort of a positive mid-life crisis for lack of a better term.

I hope you get your motivation back before 27 years, but I have improved mine even more by setting very realistic goals for myself. I realized that (going way back in time now) once I'd married, and my 'dreams' of being like the guys in the magazines were dashed, I think I just drifted with no goals, etc.. Always worked out, but no fire burning. This year I turned 46 and realized that I wanted to feel as close to the excitement I felt in my teens as I could, so I turned my old dreams into more realistic goals.

It's hard to explain, and may only be my gig, but I just am working to be the best that I can be with what I have, and not trying to be someone I could never be. I begrudgingly (long story) bought a tiny Ipod music player and downloaded the different types of music that aided my moods for how I want to lift in any given day, and also picked some music from my teens that I recall having great workouts listening to at the time. The first few weeks were hell, and I almost backed off, but then I started noticing some changes that felt similar to how I felt back in my teens. It's not the same, and I'm not re-living the past, just adding some old tools to go forward.

I am not making this an 'all about me' but rather letting you know you have to find that feeling, motivation, reason, whatever, and make it very important and a priority to you. If you can do that, and stay committed, you'll be back in no time.. After 27 years of marriage I can honestly say I've felt a lot of "lack of motivation" at times. It happens to most I should think.

Good luck, and just do it bro!

Top Bottom