Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Here Think Lance Armstrong is One Sorry Son of a Bitch?

eat big said:
He's way overrated. In fact, most people who know two shits about cycling dont think he's the best rider of all time. The only races he ever enters are the Tour De France's. While other riders ride compete almost every month of the year. Plus, he has by far the best team to push him over the finish line.

Most people who know two shits about cycling know the last time a guy won the Tour racing the whole season was Stephen Roche in 1987. The days of Eddy Merckx winning every race are long gone, thank God. All the other favorites he's spanking every year are doing the same thing only they're still getting waxed.

I like winners.

Winning isn't all about pure physical talent. Ask anyone and you will know that Jan Ullrich is probably the biggest beast in cycling in years. He's the equivalent of a 6' 2", 310 lb guy who can run the 40 in 4.4 in football and has all the number to back it up. Imagine the same guy, only he has horrible technique, can't remember a playbook to save his life, and is contantly getting penalties called against him.

Armstrong is just as much a tactician as a cyclist. He's a great climber and a mediocre all-around guy. In the TdF the climbing stages are what separate the men from the boys. He also takes monster turns in the front during the team time trials.

He plays to his strengths and studies and expliots his opponents' weaknesses.

In 5 or 10 years Jan Ullrich, Ivan Basso, et al will be also-rans. However you will still be hearing Lance's name in the news.

I just read an srticle on Michael Shumacher. He's the same way. Sure he can wheel a car...but his mastery of race strategy (when to pit, when to push and when to just match pace) is what sets him apart from the rest.

To me it is truly inspiring to watch a master at work, and Lance uses every advantage he can get. You better believe he is on HRH for his mising testicle, and he is on the absolute max level of test he can be and still be within limits. He has the best bikes, the best teammates, the best support staff, and the best mind.

Did you know that he gives ALL the money he wins in the Tour to his temmates? he doesn't keep a single cent. He makes enough on endorsements that he can do that. All he wants is the glory of wearing the yellow jersey on the last stage.

sigweed said:
if its as simple as him thinking he's too good for his wife so he leaves her for a hotter woman, then he's a tool... but seriously, if all he cared about was some hotter chick, why would he go out with sherryl crow, knowing that in 5 years she's gonna be officially old, instead of some sexy 30 yearold actress?

second, as far as i know he doesn't take any meds or supps that other racers in his shoes wouldnt be allowed to take. The guy is a genetic freak, pure and simple. He has an absolutely massive heart and some of the best sets of lungs on the planet.

As I would imagine with everyone else on this board, I do not know him personally so I can't judge his character, but he's done a tremendous amount for the sport, and it's hard to hate a guy who's come back from his deathbed to become one of the most remarkable athletes ever

Agreed. Dude is simply amazing.

As far as being cocky. You win 6 TDFs' after surviving cancer and become the most recognized cyclist in history and see how cocky you become.

guy sure can ride pretty fast.

curling said:
I mean he just seems so cocky to me anyway. If he was a real man he would have a motor in his bike. Bicycles are for kids.

lol you fool

anybody can ride a motorcycle, don't kid yourself into thinking you are special...lol at the dudes who think they are badasses for riding a bike...it is not that difficult, twist a wrist and flick your foot...now to compete proffessionaly at cycling is total skill and athleteticism...not many motorcyclers (fat, skinny, and generally unhealthy) could even step close to a pro cyclists...

hardrock said:
Agreed. Dude is simply amazing.

As far as being cocky. You win 6 TDFs' after surviving cancer and become the most recognized cyclist in history and see how cocky you become.

He's actually done the opposite. Before he got cancer he was well known in cycling circles for having a MAJOR attitude, but the guy was a pro triathlete at age 16 and WINNING too so he had reason to be. Since his cancer scare he's become anything but cocky. I met him and his coach Chris Carmichael in '92 (I think) when he was still amateur riding for the US National team and Motorola. I thought he seemed pretty cool even then. Of course this was an hour after winning one of the biggest races in the country so a good mood was expected.

- edit -
Yesterday all the riders for this years Tour de France had their medical checkups including drug test. Everyone passed. Today the French govt decides to random drug test one guy out of the 198 guys riding this year. Guess who they picked? LANCE ARMSTRONG! fucking greasy bastards. They can't stand the fact there's hasn't been a real French contender since Laurent Fignon like 15 yrs ago.

Last edited:
Gambino said:
lol you fool

anybody can ride a motorcycle, don't kid yourself into thinking you are special...lol at the dudes who think they are badasses for riding a bike...it is not that difficult, twist a wrist and flick your foot...now to compete proffessionaly at cycling is total skill and athleteticism...not many motorcyclers (fat, skinny, and generally unhealthy) could even step close to a pro cyclists...

Really? I would like to see o lance due 25 laps with Carmicheal on a supercross track. Also I wonder if he can due a stand up wheelie at 100mph or a sit down wheelie at 125mph. I mean I am sorry he might be more athletic than me but riding a bicycle is childs play compared to riding a motorcross bike or sport bike. That is true skill and talent and balls. You fall on a bicycle you scratch leg you fall on a sport bike you break a leg.

Top Bottom