Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lance Armstrong Wins 5th Tour de France!

sorry to post twice , but Miguel is king shit of the tour de france and then eddie merks (spelling) gald to see lance win #5

although i would never want to look like a cyclist, i have a lot of respect for those guys and the insane amount of endurance they have.

them and ironman competitors are pretty hardcore, in my opinion.

I heard the french riders surrendered when they heard the starting gun.

anabolicmd said:
I wonder if there is a board for cyclists where they discuss their drugs of choice. Id be curious to see what their state of the art anabolics are. Anyone know what cyclists are on these days? Last I emember blood doping and EPO were big, but that was years ago.

EPO is still the drug of choice, along with the usual things BB'ers use. Cyclists are just more into masking agents since they get tested so often. I used to race on the road & track during my bodybuilding hiatus.

They don't use EPO anymore - or at least not Procrit - that was certainly what they used to use.
EPO is naturally made in the body, but not at the high levels that they want.
Procrit was nice for a bit because they couldn't test for it, since our bodies make EPO themselves...

But nowadays they have a test for it.

As a result, it in fact stops the cyclists from using Procrit, which is the intent.
But it doesn't stop them from using other substances that do the same thing - but just aren't tested for yet.

I would imagine that anything that would increase glycogen storage and red blood cell count, as well as increased strength while not adding weight would be what they are looking for.
It is pretty much impossible not to increase glycogen storage without increasing weight since it brings an incerased amount of water into the body as you bring more of it in - but the key would be to add more strenght and endurance than the added water weight so that it makes the equation worth it in the end.
Also, they are likely interested in anything that would increase the strength via increased nerve response since that comes with a high return and no weight gain - unfortunately, the things that do that are either bad for endurance, or tested for like mad.

I think they are all snorting Yoohoo - not that it works, but it passes the time.

incidentally, as a side note about looking for increased strenght/power without the weight gain - VO2max is what endurance sports are all about, and one of the key factors in that is weight.
You can not change a single factor other than lose weight and your VO2max will go up, allowing you to be faster over time in endurace events.

This is why you don't see a lot of fat marathon runners - your body's natural economy will shed anything useless.

MarthaStewart said:
They don't use EPO anymore - or at least not Procrit - that was certainly what they used to use.
EPO is naturally made in the body, but not at the high levels that they want.
Procrit was nice for a bit because they couldn't test for it, since our bodies make EPO themselves...

But nowadays they have a test for it.

As a result, it in fact stops the cyclists from using Procrit, which is the intent.

This is actually only partially true. There is NO test for the presence of EPO, period. The UCI tests hematocrit levels, not whether EPO is in the body or not because it isn't detectable. If a racer is determined to have a hematocrit level of 50% or higher he/she is declared "unfit to race". They don't call it a positive because they can't conclusively determine it was from EPO or any other drug. HOWEVER, a fit rider's natural hematocrit level may be around 40%. Someone who wants to beat the test simply plays with their hematocrit level to get as close to 50% w/o going over. The level tends to drop over several days of racing, but if you're on EPO it may go up. Unless you hit 50% they can't do sh*t about it. The well funded teams all test their own riders to make sure they're not over. If a rider is over you pull him out of the race yourself and claim fatigue, digestive problems or some other excuse. The problem is dehydration can cause you to go over 50% which will cause a positive. Marco Pantani tested negative every day of the Tour of Italy until Day 19?.
A french rider died a heart attack this year and he was only 30 or so. When a pro that young dies you can bank it was because EPO made his blood so thick that combined with an super low resting heart rate he basically just stopped breathing.

Here is proof positive that I'm right.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jul03/jul27news1

EPO positive in Tour

Tour de France director Jean-Marie Leblanc has indicated that a rider has tested positive for EPO in the Centenary Tour de France. Leblanc made the announcement on Saturday evening, but did not disclose the name of the rider, his team, or whether he was still in the race. A full announcement will follow the completion of the final stage. It would be the only positive drug case so far in this Tour.

According to Cyclingnews sources in Italy, the rider has already left the Tour de France. He's an Italian rider and is not a "big name".

As I understand it from distance running (my field of expertise), they have a test for EPO.
There are drugs that get around EPO, but give the same results, and they don't have tests for those - I don't recall the name of the drug - but I recall friends referring to it as "milk" since that is what it looked like.
So to get around that, they have to test for raw homecrit levels. Much in the same way that they can't test for testosterone, but they can look for unusally high levels.
They allow fairly high levels so that people that are just genetic freaks aren't banned from competing, not to mention that being dehydrated at various levels can trigger the tests as well (for the hemocrit percentages, not for testosterone).

In the end the usage of EPO and its friends are essentially making an added test to the event who's system can withstand the thickest blood and still perform well (not clot).

Top Bottom