Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When should I change workout and to what??

Anything that has "Smith Machine Shoulder Press" or any other type of smith machine in it is a good indication that the entire program is crap.

That is your typical body builder mag, "lets sell you tones of supplements" type work out. It is crap, it is not optimal training.

I would suggest you switch to something better today.

Lol pretty much every person who comes on here asking for a routine basically gets told do 5x5 dont change it and come back when your strong and not a n00b anymore :FRlol:

With that program it will be quite some time before that happens, if ever.

I know the 5x5 is good just pretty much every answer on here is the same lol,
n00b: I want bigger bicepts
EF: heavy deadlifts

n00b: I wana get bigger iv been doing flex workouts what shall i do now i think iv platued
EF: 5x5 follow it to a T

n00b: how do i get a 6 pak
EF: 5x5, diet, cardio

lol.

I know the 5x5 is good just pretty much every answer on here is the same lol,
n00b: I want bigger bicepts
EF: heavy deadlifts

n00b: I wana get bigger iv been doing flex workouts what shall i do now i think iv platued
EF: 5x5 follow it to a T

n00b: how do i get a 6 pak
EF: 5x5, diet, cardio

lol.

Don't be so ignorant.

Go ahead and do what you want, waste your time with typical BB type programs, no one here will loose any sleep over it.

If someone comes here asking for help I am going to suggest the program that will get him the best results and at the same time teach him the proper way to train, planning, progression.

You don't have to do it, but I am certainly not going to recommend him something that doesn't work just becasue it was recommended to the last person that asked teh same question.

The fact that you made that post shows you don';t understand the program at all, or training in general. It is people like you that have been giving bad advice for so long that has been so detrimental to the weight training community. The ignorant leading the ignorant.

Anything that has "Smith Machine Shoulder Press" or any other type of smith machine in it is a good indication that the entire program is crap.

That is your typical body builder mag, "lets sell you tones of supplements" type work out. It is crap, it is not optimal training.

I would suggest you switch to something better today.

people with ac joint issues benefit greatly from a smith machine while still being able to lift near max effort weight without worrying about joint stability and i could introduce you to dozens of monsters who swear by the smith machine for bbing purposes. people who are into bbing for the long haul recognize the importance of a smith machine. your joints wont last forever in the 5 x 5, there is a point of diminishing returns.

and dont assume you know what optimal training is. not everyone has the same goals.

people with ac joint issues benefit greatly from a smith machine while still being able to lift near max effort weight without worrying about joint stability and i could introduce you to dozens of monsters who swear by the smith machine for bbing purposes. people who are into bbing for the long haul recognize the importance of a smith machine. your joints wont last forever in the 5 x 5, there is a point of diminishing returns.

and dont assume you know what optimal training is. not everyone has the same goals.

Smith machine puts your body at unnatural angles, with unnatural bar movement. ON top of that you don't use any stabilizer muscles as the smith machine takes care of that for you. So when you go to lift something in a similar movement in real life, the stabilizers are weak and that is when injury happens.

I don't care who uses the smith machine, it is an injury waiting to happen. Strong/ big muscles and weak stabilizers = injury.

As far as optimal training, adding strength and size allowing the body to grow as a whole while doing it in the most efficient way is optimal training.

The useless bb split he posted is not optimal training for anyone new to lifting, or even people that have been lifting for years.

Most successful body builders have a power lifting, or similar strength training background. they have spent years on core lifts, building mass and getting stronger. They already have the size they need to compete. They may then turn to a BB type routine to focus on specific areas that they need to please the judges, but this is after putting on size with core lifts. They didn't get there by doing BB splits, if they did, they spent thousands, on top of thousands on juice.

For a new lifter to go out and try a program that is for someone that already has size and just wants to focus on specific areas is far form optimal for that person. Optimal training for a new lifter is core lifts, adding weight to the bar, with planned progression. It doesn't matter if the goal is to add some muscle and loose BF (get ripped), or add size, or just get fucking strong, the training is the same, diet is the variable.

So ya, I know what optimal training is.

Top Bottom