Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Splitting up chest and triceps?

Guinness5.0 said:
Depends on what parts need the most work. For example, my chest is a weak point and my shoulders and tris are both strong points, so I use this split:

Sun- Chest
Tues- Back
Wed- Shoulders (only one pressing movement- laterals/raises for the rest)
Thurs- Arms
Fri- Legs

The nice thing is I get a little chest pump on both shoulder and arm day due to overhead presses and cg bench.

So... what are you trying to emphasize?
my arms defintatly. they are my weakest part of my whole body. my chest is great and really over powers my tris when i workout. for example on bench i can bottom half rep heavy ass weight but when i try to do a full rep my tris arent strong enough to push it up.

my current schedule looks like this:
monday: bis/quads
tuesday: chest/tris
wenesday: legs
thursday: back
friday: shoulder/calves

Guinness5.0 said:
Depends on what parts need the most work. For example, my chest is a weak point and my shoulders and tris are both strong points, so I use this split:

Sun- Chest
Tues- Back
Wed- Shoulders (only one pressing movement- laterals/raises for the rest)
Thurs- Arms
Fri- Legs

The nice thing is I get a little chest pump on both shoulder and arm day due to overhead presses and cg bench.

So... what are you trying to emphasize?
hey, got your PM, thanks.
you said to follow your routine but the only problem i would have is that my shoulders arent that good either so i might neglect them too much on that rountine.
with routine my bis get hit directly on monday and indirectly on thursday with back.
my tris directly on tuesday with chest and indirectly (directly too) on friday with shoulders.
so my arms get hit twice a week plus it's spaced out. maybe i'm wrong so i'd love any advice.

i will defintalty add those CG presses, great idea. instad of french presses i usually do skullcrushers. i think they work the same.

Beachbum1546 said:
hey, got your PM, thanks.
you said to follow your routine but the only problem i would have is that my shoulders arent that good either so i might neglect them too much on that rountine.
with routine my bis get hit directly on monday and indirectly on thursday with back.
my tris directly on tuesday with chest and indirectly (directly too) on friday with shoulders.
so my arms get hit twice a week plus it's spaced out. maybe i'm wrong so i'd love any advice.

i will defintalty add those CG presses, great idea. instad of french presses i usually do skullcrushers. i think they work the same.

Yeah the routine was an example. Tweak it to fit.

It's a good idea to switch up french presses and skullcrushers now and again just for variety, but yes they are very similar.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom