Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Supplements Explained

muskate

High End Bro
Platinum
In this video, I explain the different types of protein powders available, what to look for when purchasing a protein powder and the best times to use a protein supplement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddxQr0nFdk

When you go to your typical supplement store, you have 4 main protein supplements available to purchase:
1. A whey protein
2. A casein protein
3. A egg protein
4. A vegetable protein such as soy, hemp, brown rice, gemma pea, or alfalfa

Out of all the protein choices available, the gold stand is whey protein. It has the highest bioavailability and best amino acid profile.

There are two main types of whey protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues like gas, bloating and diarrhea. A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have only trace amounts of lactose.

When purchasing a whey protein isolate you want to see nothing in the ingredients list besides whey protein isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and maybe some salt, cocoa powder and soy lecithin.

Whey protein is very fast digesting which makes it optimal for supplementing with before and after workouts.

Casein protein coagulates and creates a gel in the stomach. It is very slow digesting which makes it optimal to supplement with before bed.

I always try to aim for isolate, due to its fast digestion and ability not to upset stomach even with big dosages.

Good video Trevor!

Really good explanations of the protein types. The fact is with all supplements we should be doing the research and checking ingredients before buying. We should not be looking at who is pictured on the products or trying to find the cheapest product. Those are sure ways to get crap products.

This is one good video, which will be useful to many people out there, since the protein is the most popular supplement, and there are still a lot of misconceptions about it. Thanks for posting it here - it is very well laid out.

Hi to all bro i am 19 year old just start going to gym my wieght is 64 what protien i should take and brand

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom