Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL Playoffs

now its time for the Wings to destroy the Avs

Paul_Allen said:
now its time for the Wings to destroy the Avs

this sucks, down here if florida i dont get any Rangers action..... only if they are playing a Florida team. my friend from back home in New York is a die hard Ranger fan and he watches all the games. wish i could. now i dont know who to pull for....

Some exciting hockey played in opening round. On to round 2 where intensity should only increase. Feel bad for those interested in the States that don't get Versus network.

Montreal and Philly
Pittsburgh and New York

Colorado and Detroit
San Jose and Dallas

Last edited:
CMarc said:
Some exciting hockey played in opening round. On to round 2 where intensity should only increase. Feel bad for those interested in the States that don't get Versus network.Montreal and Philly
Pittsburgh and New York

Colorado and Detroit
San Jose and Dallas

NO SHIT! I don't, and it doesn't have Fox Sports listing ANY of them for the Stars and Sharks. What's up with that?

That really sucks. Blame Bettman for taking the extra cash from Versus as opposed to a contract with ESPN.
How can you grow the game, especially in "non-hockey" markets when they don't even have access to see it? ESPN barely shows highlights during reg. season as it's not in their interest to promote the game.

CMarc said:
That really sucks. Blame Bettman for taking the extra cash from Versus as opposed to a contract with ESPN.
How can you grow the game, especially in "non-hockey" markets when they don't even have access to see it? ESPN barely shows highlights during reg. season as it's not in their interest to promote the game.

Versus payed more? that sucks for the exact reason that you wrote. Granted, many do have Versus on their cable, but ESPN is what the masses will have. As hockey grows exponentially, especially in the south by teams moving here, that's where the growth will and is taking place. Dallas alone has 25 sheets of ice and growing daily. Tx as a whole has sheets springing up everywhere, and the one sheet places are adding another, etc. You can't get ice time, maybe at 5:00 am or 10:00 pm, if your lucky...

CMarc said:

I get the games on VS, ALT and OLN sometimes. Oln carries major juniors too at times.

txbondsman said:
Versus payed more? that sucks for the exact reason that you wrote. Granted, many do have Versus on their cable, but ESPN is what the masses will have. As hockey grows exponentially, especially in the south by teams moving here, that's where the growth will and is taking place. Dallas alone has 25 sheets of ice and growing daily. Tx as a whole has sheets springing up everywhere, and the one sheet places are adding another, etc. You can't get ice time, maybe at 5:00 am or 10:00 pm, if your lucky...
That's exactly what I mean. Expanding the league to non-traditional markets that don't have coverage is senseless.

Mountainmuscle can probably provide more info about who has the games further south. I have a friend in Fla that has same problem as you.
Up here I get coverage of all games and most on two networks in English and French. French beats English coverage for habs games.

CMarc said:
That's exactly what I mean. Expanding the league to non-traditional markets that don't have coverage is senseless.

Mountainmuscle can probably provide more info about who has the games further south. I have a friend in Fla that has same problem as you.
Up here I get coverage of all games and most on two networks in English and French. French beats English coverage for habs games.

Tx, my buddy in Austin watches on VS. I'll ask him what other channels he gets them. I think he has the nhl package though, as well.

The hockey coverage in the USA sucks ass if you ask me.

Anyone remember when The Cup was on ppv? wtf?

Top Bottom