Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Your right about the calculator. It just serves the purpose of showing me how many reps I need to beat my previous weeks max.

The depth is there. If you think about it all I did was add one rep, and increase the weight by 5lbs. Thats normal progression for this program, especially for a leg day.

nah man I didnt mean your progression from last week to this week I just meant in general....shit you were like at the same squat as me and you were just suddenly in the 400's...I'm just jealous:heart::supercool

edit: read an older post.

I think you are going too heavy on your BBB squats.

Based off your week 1 top set of squats your 90% max should be 360 since 305 is almost exactly 85% of that. Your BBB squat sets should be 180lbs. What you're doing is using the 60% number which is too high imo. 50% is just about perfect. When I did the BBB squats the first time I took about a minutes rest between sets and 135x5x10 smoked my legs and cardio and I was just barely able to finish the last 2 squat sets. 50% of your 90% max number also worked perfectly for me on standing press and bench press too.

edit: read an older post.

I think you are going too heavy on your BBB squats.

Based off your week 1 top set of squats your 90% max should be 360 since 305 is almost exactly 85% of that. Your BBB squat sets should be 180lbs. What you're doing is using the 60% number which is too high imo. 50% is just about perfect. When I did the BBB squats the first time I took about a minutes rest between sets and 135x5x10 smoked my legs and cardio and I was just barely able to finish the last 2 squat sets. 50% of your 90% max number also worked perfectly for me on standing press and bench press too.

Thanks man, your right 50% is around 180. I'll go with that number from now on so I can finally finish a workout.

T-Block, I know what you mean its crazy. Keep in mind though that I have gained about 15 lbs. since when I started this log.

Bench
170x5
195x5
220x10

Really wanted 1 more rep on these, I added 5 lbs. and lost 1 rep on these since last week. So its not really much progress, if any. I have a feeling next week and week 3 will be huge however.

140x10x3
135x10x2

Some BBB, I didn't not arch my back like I normally do when I bench on these. I really wanted to work the muscle not the lift.

Did some snooping around ghettos log(for guidance). You hit 218x13 on mesocycle 1 week 1, you then hit 222x11 on mesocycle 2 week 1. So I am assuming this is the stiffness you mentioned after the deload week. The calculation for 218x13 is 312 and the calculation for 222x11 is 303. Go figure.

Yes it's the mild detraining from not having done the lift for nearly 2 weeks. After 2 full cycles it's become a pattern. Also I went from lifting at 236lbs during the first cycle to working a retardedly demanding physical job and weighing 227lbs when I benched on week 3 of cycle 2 and still benched 6.5 more pounds even though I dropped down 2 reps, but was also 9lbs lighter bodyweight for a net gain.

5-3-1 is essentially a mini-peaking program every 4 weeks. So long as you are pushing as hard as you can on that 1 main set each week is stimulating you to be stronger the next.

The best way I can think to describe it is that in you previous cycle you already lifted heavier weights at the end of the cycle vs your current week 1 or 2 lifts. So it's like the muscle memory gains almost and by week 3's top sets you are gaining above and beyond anything you have previously done.

Obviously you can't gain 5-10lbs non-stop especially when it's strength territory you've never been to before. This way you peak out your strength over 3 weeks, then you deload and then you come back mildly detrainined and push hard and above and beyond, but then deload aka back off before any kind of overtraining or stagnation sets in.

Another thing too consider is that 5lbs on the press and bench every months is solid, but VERY reasonable progression and 10lbs each month on squats and deads is actually pretty fast progress, but again the body can adapt to that for a long period of time until you are really hitting some super heavy weights.

Let's just say I run this program for 6 more months for a total of 8 cycles. In roughly 8-9 months I'd have gone from repping 243.5x9 to around 285 for reps. Dead from 311x12 to like almost 400 for 8+.

This is super progress honestly.

It's hard to do sometimes, but take a look at the guy's in the gym and keep an eye on some of the weights they use or how they look. I'll bet you 9 out of 10 of those guy's in 6 months or a year haven't put on much size or strength.

Solid stuff.

Two things I want to address:

This is funny, during my bench workout of thursday I was resting before my big set and realized I had to piss. I was lifting at my house and I really didn't want to kill the mood and get out of the zone by taking out my ipod and walking upstairs. So I saw this empty McDonalds soda cup with the lid and straw that had been sitting there for a couple of days. I figured what the hell I'll just piss in it and empty it later(ya, thats me for ya). So I partially move the lid, straw still stuck in the little hole, just so its halfway covering the cup and halfway hanging off. I take out my dong and start pissing, I am still very much in the zone.
All of the sudden a effin spider, it was like an albino spider about the size of a daddy long leg but not scrawny, it was a meaty spider, crawls out of the straw which is less than an inch from my dong. I freak the hell out, jump back about 5 feet, spraying the wall and my shorts with piss. Great way to wake up before the big set

Just though it was a funny story, I don't even know where the spider went.

Second thing. How do you guys cope with drinking, I visited my boy's college last night and got absoulutely faced. I read some where that a night oif binge drinking can put you back at least a week in your training. Do you guys just not drink alot? Partying and lifting don't go well together since partying involves not getting adequate sleep and nutritional intake, two essential things for lifting.

Second thing. How do you guys cope with drinking, I visited my boy's college last night and got absoulutely faced. I read some where that a night oif binge drinking can put you back at least a week in your training. Do you guys just not drink alot? Partying and lifting don't go well together since partying involves not getting adequate sleep and nutritional intake, two essential things for lifting.

lol @ the macdonalds piss cup story

I drink very occasionally, I have drunk alcohol 4 times this year. But when I do I make sure I enjoy it, it doesnt bother me or make me feel too guilty because I know how rare it is for me to drink.

Next time Ill drink will be probably new years, and yes I will carb load for the party and get shit from all you guys for it again :biggrin: :doublefi:

dude that story is hilarious I still gotta ask what the hell you were thinking though lol?!?!?

As for drinking I don't do it much, I'm just not huge into partying. I think it sets you back some, but it probably depends on the person.

as long as you dont drink until you pass out and throw up everywhere every week i dont think it will set you back a week. I heard this before too but there is no fact or scientific proof to back it up

as long as you dont drink until you pass out and throw up everywhere every week i dont think it will set you back a week. I heard this before too but there is no fact or scientific proof to back it up

yeah even if you are puking and stuff a week if way over blown. However I did see scientific proof that when alcohol in almost nay amount is present in your body you cannot asorb protein properly and will not be able to gain much if any muscle mass.

Top Bottom